Certification in Robotic Surgery : Intuitive Surgical Orlando , Florida
Diploma in Laparoscopic Urology : IRCAD Strasbourg , France
Fellow Endo-Urology : Academis Medical Center, University Hospital, Amsterdam , The Netherlands.
DNB ( Genito-urinary Surgery ) : Sir H.N Hospital , Mumbai. National Board of Examination, NEW DELHI
M.S. (General Surgery ) : B.L.D.E.A.’S Sri. B.M.Patil Medical College. Bijapur , Karnataka
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru.
MBBS B.L.D.E.A.’S Sri. B.M.Patil Medical College, Bijapur , Karnataka
Completed my fellowship at The Academic Medical Center , University Hospital , Amsterdam, the Netherlands . The AMC University Hospital is a tertiary referral center & a center of excellence in Urology.It is one of the best hospital in Netherlands & in the European Union. It is recognized by the Endo-Urology Society for a fellowship programme under the guidance of Prof. J.J.M.C.H. de la rosette.
During my fellowship I have been trained exclusively in the subspecialty of Endo-Urology. Apart from the routine Endo-urological cases like VIU,BNI,TUIP/TURP/TURBT, URS AND PCNL, I have been trained in complex and challenging cases like
- Laser surgeries for BPH of the prostate(Green light LASER HPS and XPS), Holmium LASER(HoLEP), and also Biolitec LASER)
- Flexible Cystoscopy, Ureteroscopy and Nephroscopy for diagnostic and thearapeautic procedures for low grade TCC in the lower and upper urinary tract using the Holmium LASER.
- Flexible Ureteroscopy(RIRS) for stone disease and management of stones in special situations like calyceal diverticulum, stone disease in anomalous kidneys.
- Supine PCNL for high risk and moribund patients who cannot be given the prone position combined with flexible URS retrograde.
- Complex cases of stone disease like stones in Urinary diversions and in solitary kidneys.
Super Specialty Training
SIR H.N HOSPITAL AND RESEARCH CENTRE, MUMBAI affiliated to the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. Passed DNB(Genito-Urinary Surgery) in July 2008.
During the training in Urology, assisted and performed open urological surgeries namely pyelolithotomy and Nephrolithotomy, Ureterolithotomy, Partial simple and radical Nephrectomy, Pyeloplasty, Ureteric Reimplantation, partial, simple and radical cystectomy, bladder Diverticulectomy and Augmentation, Vesico-Vaginal fistula, simple and radical prostatectomy, Abdominal and sling surgeries for female Incontinence, simple & radical Orchidectomy, partial and total penectomy with inguinal block dissection, surgeries for urinary diversion and urethral reconstructive surgeries.
Assisted and performed Andrological Surgeries for erectile Dysfunction and infertility namely penile Implantation, venous leak surgery, vasoepididymostomy and varicocelectomy.
Assisted and performed Endo-Urological Surgeries namely Internal Urethrotomy, Cystolithotrity, Transurethral resection of the prostate(TURP), Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT), Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy(PCNL), Ureterorenoscopy, Endopyelotomy and Extracorporeal shock wave Lithotripsy.
Actively assisted and performed basic Laparoscopic Procedures both Transperitoneal & Retroperitoneal namely varix ligation, simple and radical nephrectomy, nephroureterectomy, Pyeloplasty, Renal Cysts, Andrenalectomy, Bladder neck suspension, Lymphocele and Orchidopexy.
Assisted and performed Renal Transplant Related Surgeries like Renal Allotransplant, Donor Nephrectomy and renal Autotransplants.
Scientific Paper Presentation
- Presented the highlights on PCNL at the world congress of Endo-Urology, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2012
- Presented poster on behalf of the CROES on percutaneous Nephrolithotomy and chronic kidney diseases at the AUA annual meeting at Atlanta, GA, U.S.A, May 2012
- HoLEP on patients with anticoagulant therapy or with bleeding disorders. Vijayawada poster presentation at USICON, 2009, Indore
- A novel ureteric stent for tubeless PCNL: An initial clinical experience. Vijayawada poster presentation at USICON, 2009, Indore
- Spleno-renal bypass in case of renovascular hypertension at annual meeting of Mumbai Urological Society, 2005.
- Laparoscopic urology at MASICON 2004 in best paper presentation.
- Unusual case of haematuria at annual meeting in Mumbai Urological Society, 2004
- Renal trauma at quarterly meeting of Mumbai Urological SOCIETY, 2003
- Clinico-pathological study of low anal fistulae with comparison of various surgical techniques, a study of 100 cases.
Publication and Presentations
- Astroza G, Lipkin M, Neisius A, Preminger G, De Sio M, Sodha H, Saussine C, de la Rosette J; CROES PNL study group Effect of supine vs prone position on outcomes of percutaneous nephrolithotomy in staghorn calculi: results from the clinical research office of the Endourology Society Study. J Urol. 2013 Dec;82(6): 1240-4.
- Sairam K, Scoffone CM, Alken P, Turna B, Sodha HS, Rioja J, Wolf JS Jr, de la Rosette J. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy and chronic kidney disease: result from the CROES PCNL Global study. J Urol. 2012 Oct; 188(4): 1195-200
- Shah HN, Shah RH, Sodha RS, Khandkar AA, Gokhale A. A randomized control trial evaluating efficacy of nephrostomy tract infiltration with bupivacaine after tubeless percutaneous nephrolithotomy. J Endourol. 2012 May;26(5): 478-83
- Guido M. Kamphuis, Hiren S. Sodha, Theo M. de Reijke. Adjuvant Radiation Therapy Following Radical Prostatectomy for Pathological T3 or Margin- positive prostate cancer: Are the EAU Guidelines Correct? European Urology Supplements 10(2011)e44-e48
- Rioja J, Mamoulakis C, Sodha H, Suwjin S, Laguna P, Rosette J de L. A plea for centralized care for Ureteroscopy: result from a comparative study under different conditions within the same center. J Endouro. 2011 Mar; 25(3):425-9
- Shah H, Khandkar A, Sodha H, Kharodwala S, Hegde S, Bansal M. Tubeless Percutaneous nephrolithotomy: 3 years of experience with 454 patients. BJU Int 2009 Sep; 104 (6): 840-6
- Shah HN, Kharodawal S, Sodha HS, Khandkar AA, Hegde SS, Bansal M The management of renal matrix calculi: a single-centre experience over 5 years. BJU Int.2008 Sept. 8th
- Shah HN, Kharodawal S, Sodha HS, Khandkar AA, Hegde SS, Bansal M A randomized trial evaluating type of nephrostomy drainage after percutaneous nephrolithotomy: small bore v tubeless. Endourol.2008 Jul;22(7):1433-9
- Shah HN, Kharodawal S, Sodha HS, Khandkar AA, Hegde SS, Bansal M Endoscopic management of adult orthotopic ureterocele and associated calculi with holmium laser: experience with 16 patients over 4 years and review of literature. Endourol.2008 Mar;22(3):489-96. Review.
- Shah HN, Kharodawal S, Sodha HS, Khandkar AA, Hegde SS, Bansal M Influence of prostate size on the outcome of holmium laser enucleation of the prostate. BJU Int. 2008 Jun;101(12):1536-41. Epub 2008 January 24.
- Shah HN, Hegde SS, Mahajan AP, Sodha H, Shah R, Bansal M. Splenic injury: Rare complication of percutaneous nephrolithotomy: report of two cases with review of literature. Endourol.2007 Aug;21(8):919-22
- Shah HN, Mahajan AP, Sodha HS, Hegde SS, Mohile PD, Bansal MB. Prospective Evaluation of the learning curve for holmium laser enucleation of prostate. Urol.2007 Apr;177(4):1468-74
Awarded the Eagle Travelling Fellowship at West Zone USICON 2007 at CMC, Vellore under the guidance of Prof. Ganesh Gopala Krishnan.