- M.Ch (Plastic Surgery) from T.N. Medical College & B.Y.L. Nair CH. Hospital, Mumbai University, Mumbai(Maharashtra) passed Aug/Sept 2005 at First Attempt.
- M.S (Gen. Surg.)from Bangalore Medical College & Bowring Hospital, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore (Karnataka) Passed Sep/Oct 2000 at First Attempt.
- M.B.B.S from Pt. J.N.M. Medical College & M.C. Hospital, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur(M.P.)Passed March 1996 at First Attempt.
Profile at Glance :
- A Dedicated and extremely patient person, adept professional offering over 10 years of experience in Plastic surgery.
- Hands-on experience in Aesthetic (cosmetic) & Reconstructive Plastic Surgery.
- An innovative & diligent person with artistic vision & immense knowledge & understanding of human aesthetics.
- Having special interest & skills in aesthetic surgeries.
Won accolades from International authors for developing newer and easier techniques to improve results in rhinoplasty.
Growth chart :
- Post M.Ch. Experience(August 2005 – till date)
- During M.Ch. Experience TNMC & B.Y.L. Nair Ch. Hospital, Mumbai.(May 2002 – Aug 2005)
- Pre M.Ch. Experience – M.G.M. Hospital, Parel, Mumbai(Aug 2001 – April 2002)
Presenting working as Professor(Addl.) Dept. of Plastic Surgery, Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai. Here I am managing all kind of cases & doing all possible types of cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries.
Worked as Assistant Prof. at T.N.Medical College & Kasturba Hospital from 12-01-2006 to 09-12-2008, here I looked after the Burns unit & managed acute burn as well as sequlae of burns. Promoted as Associated Professor & transferred to dept. of Aesthetic, Reconstructive & Burns Plastic Surgery at K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai on 10-12-2008.
Done prestigious EMSB Course (Conducted by Dutch Burn Foundation) in Emergency Burn Management.
Trained in Aesthetic & Reconstructive surgery by Various National & International Giants in Plastic Surgery.
National Faculties :
- Worked as fellow to Dr. Ashok Gupta (A Prominent cosmetic surgeon doing all types of Cosmetic plastic surgeries)
- S.U.Prasad (A component micro surgeon who is a master in reconstructive plastic surgery).
- As an observer with Late Dr. B.M. Daver (Internationally famous for his rhinoplasty skills) & Dr. L.D.Dhami (well known for mega liposuction in India)
- An observer to Dr. Rajesh Rajput: well known for Hair grafting in India
International Faculties :
- Visiting fellow with renowned cosmetic surgeon Dr. Abdul Reda Lari at Kuwait (Middle East) where I got trained in Total Body Contouring.
Attended Master classes and video lectures of –
- Dr Saldanha (Brazil, Dubai) Total body liposculpturing & Auto fat grafting,
- Med. Wolf gang Gubistch(Germany) Modern Septorhinoplasty
- Gaith Shubailath(Jordan) Septorhinoplasty & Auto fat grafting
- Nazim cerkes(Turkey) Septorhionoplasty
- Gino Rigotti(Italy) New concept of Breast augementation & Total Breast reconstruction with Auto fat graft,
- Ruth Graf(Brazil) Breast reduction, augmentation & mastopexies.
- Elizabeth Hall findely(Vienna) verticle scar breast reduction and mastopexies.
- Thomas Biggs (USA) Face lift, forehead & Brow Lift & blepharoplasty. By attending various national & international conference, totorials & master classes.
- Learnt Basics of Aesthetic & Reconstructive Plastic Surgery from Dr Uday Bhat & Dr S.U. Prasad.
Cases I do in cosmetic plastic surgery
Facial rejuvenation :
- Blepharoplasty :- surgery for baggy eye lids
- Face lift; conventional surgical face, neck, brow & forehead lift.
- Thread lift(non surgical face lift with especially designed imported threads)
- Facial filters(To contour the facial depressions, augmentation of lip(pouting lips) and to rejuvenate the aging face.
- Borbox To remove forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet, perioral wrinkles etc.
- Autofat grafting for contouring and rejuvenation of face and other parts of the body
- Body Contouring
- Rhinoplasties with newer concepts
- Augmentation, using cartilage grafts/imported implants.
- Cheek and chin implants to augment cheek bones and depressed/small chin.
- Cheek and chin dimple creation
- BREAST; Augmentation, reduction, lift(Mastopexy) & reconstruction
- Gynecomastia; Reduction of male breasts.
- Liposuction, tummy tuck/abdominoplasty, branchioplasty, thigh & buttock lift
- Buttock augmentation by auto fat graft or by implant
- Medical treatment for hair fall & premature graying of hair
Genital aesthetics : FEMALE :-
Augmentation of labia majora.
Reduction of labia minora
Penile lengthening & girth.
Reconstructive surgeries for birth defects, post traumatic or post excision defects(cancer reconstruction) except free flaps.
- Birth defects
- Cleft lip/palate repair
- Hemangioma and other vascular malformations.
- Absent vagina(Vaginoplasty)
- Trauma reconstruction
- Various conventional flaps to cover the defects of hands and other parts of the body
- Replantation of fingers/toes
- Tendon/nerve/vascular repairs
- Nose and ear reconstruction
- Tissue expansion
- Cancer reconstruction
- Breast reconstruction
- Burns scars and contracture release
- Tendon transfer surgery for post leprosy and post traumatic deformities of hands
- Maxillofacial injuries(jaw bone and facial bone fracture surgeries)
- Dissertation : Done my dissertation on “Secondary correction of cleft lip nasal deformity: A Genuine study of 20 cases”.
The experience gained by this operative research work which was appreciated by my teachers, examiners & other seniors in plastic surgery, is being used by me to give a near normal look in these patients.
Academic Awards :
- Peet prize 2016 for “Acetic Acid Dressings”. Finding the Holy Grail for Infected Wound Management.
- N H Antia best publication award – for article “Namaste(counterbalancing) technique”: Overcoming warping in costal cartilage.
Extra Curriculum Activities
- All the 5 Years of M.B.B.S. I got “Best Singer” Award.
- Doordarshan Raipur had recorded a petriotic song in my voice and relying it on occasions.
- All the three years of M.Ch. I sang in all college programmes.
- Performing at national level on Sh. Mohd Rafi’s death anniversary every year.
During M.B.B.S. Two times I participated in painting competition and got prize on both occasions.
- APSI (Association of Plastic Surgeons on India)
- MAPSI (Maharashtra chapter of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India)
- NABI (National Association of Burns India)
- IAAPS (Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of India)
- MPCAPS (Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, MP & Chhatisgarh chapter).
- Cleft Association of India
- Recently applied for Membership of ISAPS.
- AMC, Mumbai.
- Autologous Fat Transfer for Esthetic Contouring of face in Posttraumatic Nonfunctional Maxillofacial Deformities – CMTR2016 JUN9(2)P 113-20 – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2016 – THIEME MEDICAL PUBLISHERS NEWYORK – 1943-3875 – FIRST AUTHOR
- Text Neck view a new photographic tool for assessment of nasal dorsum in crooked noses – PRS VOL 138 VIEWPOINTS P 166e-167e – International – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2016 – WOLTERS KLUWER MEDKNOWN PUBLISHERS NEWYORK – 0032-1052 – FIRST AUTHOR
- A refined technique for management of nasal flaring: The quest for Holy Grail of alar base modification – APS Vol.43/No.#/Month 2016/International – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2016 – KOREAN SOCIETY OF PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGEONS KOREA – 2234-6163 – FIRST AUTHOR
- Total nasal septal construction with costal cartilage in difficult cases of secondary septoplasty – Plastic and Aesthetic Research Journal – International – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – ITALIAN FEDERATION OF AESTHETIC MEDICINE(FIME) 2347-9264 – FIRST AUTHOR
- Management of complications of Medpor implants in rhinoplasty – Plastic & Aesthetic Research Journal – International – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2017 – ITALIAN FEDERATION OF AESTHETIC MEDICINE(FIME) – Accepted & Due in March 2017 – FIRST AUTHOR
- A novel technique for correction of congenital cleft of ala – JCLPCA 2014 VOL1(2) P 119-21 – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2014 – MEDKNOWN PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA PVT LTD. B9, Kanara business centre, Ghatkopar(E), Mumbai – 400075 – 2348 – 2125 – FIRST AUTHOR
- Esthetic makeover of a syndromic face – July-December 2014/Vol1/Issue 22014;1:112-4
National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2015 – MEDKNOWN PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA PVT LTD. B9, Kanara business centre, Ghatkopar(E), Mumbai – 400075 – 2348 – 2125 – FIRST AUTHOR
- A New Minimally Invasive Aesthetic Procedure for correction of Frontal coup de Sabre Deformity in Romberg – J.Maxillofac. Oral Surg.(2015)14(suppl1):S401 – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2015 – SPRINGER NEWYORK – 0972 – 8279 – FIRST AUTHOR
- Namaste(counterbalancing) technique: Overcoming warping in costal cartilage – May-August 2015 Vol48 Issue 2;48:123-8 – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2015 – MEDKNOWN PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA PVT LTD. B9, Kanara business centre, Ghatkopar(E), Mumbai – 400075 – 0970 – 0358 – FIRST AUTHOR
- Ossified costal cartilage during rhinoplasty:A surgical dilemma – IJPS 2015;48P:327-8 – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2015 – MEDKNOWN PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA PVT LTD. B9, Kanara business centre, Ghatkopar(E), Mumbai – 400075 – 0970 – 0358 – FIRST AUTHOR
- Ride om technique and other simple and logical solutions to counter most common complications of silicone implants in augmentation rhinoplasty – May-August 2015;Vol48 Issue 248:172-7 – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2015 – MEDKNOWN PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA PVT LTD. B9, Kanara business centre, Ghatkopar(E), Mumbai – 400075 – 0970 – 0358 – FIRST AUTHOR
- A novel technique of Defattening Large Full Thickness Skin Grafts – Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research.2015 Dec, Vol-9(12):PL01 – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2015 – JCDR,DELHI,INDIA – 0973-709X-FIRST AUTHOR
- Diced cartilage under perichondrial carpet with reinforcement (DCUP) technique for nasal dorsal augmentation – JCLPCA 2016 VOL 3(1)P3-8 – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2016 – MEDKNOWN PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA PVT LTD. B9, Kanara business centre, Ghatkopar(E), Mumbai – 400075 – 2348 – 2125 – FIRST AUTHOR
- An innovative technique for columellar reconstruction using flipover buccal mucosal flap – Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Jul, Vol10(7):PD05-PD06 – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2016 – JCDR, DELHI, INDIA – 0973-709X – FIRST AUTHOR
- Ingenious technique of smoothening costal cartilage graft by glass polishing disc. – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2016 – MEDKNOWN PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA PVT LTD. B9, Kanara business centre, Ghatkopar(E), Mumbai – 400075 – 0970 – 0358 – FIRST AUTHOR
- Revisiting Mehendales needle holder for cleft palate surgery A gift from the bygone era – Indian Journal of Plastic surgery May-August 2016 Vol 49 Issue 2 P 293-94 – National – DR KAPIL AGRAWAL – 2016 – MEDKNOWN PUBLICATIONS AND MEDIA PVT LTD. B9, Kanara business centre, Ghatkopar(E), Mumbai – 400075 – 0970 – 0358 – SECOND AUTHOR
- Masicon 2004(Thane) : Versatility of Cartilage Grafts in Rhinoplasty.
- P.R.A.S.(International Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery) Mumbai : A case report on Aneurysm of Internal Maxillary Artery.
- Mapsicon 2009(Mahabaleshwar): Importance of columellar lengthening in secondary cleft lip nasal deformities: symmetry V/S proportion
- Apsicon 2009 chennai. Same paper has been accepted for August Conf.
- P.R.A.S.(2009)(International Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery).New Delhi. Secondary cleft lip nasal deformity: Importance of columellar lengthening. Paper has been accepted for Nov. conf.
- Apsicon(2010)Goa, presented a paper on Rhinoplasty titled; where do we go wrong?
- MPCAPSCON(2011). Presented a paper on Difficult septorhinoplasty – My approach.
- 170th GSMC Staff society (2011). Presented a paper on Rhinoplasty(NonReshaping)
- Apsicon(2012)Lucknow, presented a paper in Peet Prize Session on “Rhinoplasty An Indian Perspective” & other paper on Role of fat grafting in aesthetic and reconstructive Plastic surgery.
- Apsicon(2013)Mumbai.Given a keynote lecture on “Where do we Go wrong in Rhinoplasty”
- AESURG-2014, NASHIK,
- Evolution of my techniques in Rhinoplasty
- Aesthetic Makeover of a syndromic face – A case report
- A new minimally invasive aesthetic procedure for correction of frontal coup de sabre deformity in Romberg’s syndrome