- Kiran Shah completed his MBBS from prestigious Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals. He completed his residency in diabetology from the esteemed Department of Endocrinology Seth G.S Medical College and King Edward VII Memorial Hospital. Further he achieved Fellowship in Medicine from College of Physician and Surgeon Bombay. He is a Visiting Diabetologist, Dept of Medicine at the Grant Govt Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals.
- Involved in Diabetes care : 18 years.
- He worked as a senior diabetologist and physician at the Intensive Care Unit NSCI Dome Covid Jumbo Facility and the same was appreciated by Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai as Corona Warrior.
- He is privileged to be an ambassador for #DefeatDiabetes a visionary mission by Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India.
He has been awarded with the Diabetes Awareness Initiative Award 2018.
- His work on Diabetic Retinopathy is internationally acclaimed. He has delivered numerous Oral Presentations on his research at various international conferences such as ADA, San Diego 2017, International Diabetes Federation Congress, Abu Dhabi 2017, 53rd EASD Annual Meeting, Lisbon 2017 and 30th EASDec Annual Meeting Barcelona 2020 and Denmark 2021(virtual). Nationally his research on diabetic retinopathy was awarded second prize in RSSDI 2015 and Challenges in Diabetes 2017.
- He has authored chapter on Optical Coherence Tomography : Useful tool for Retinal Problems: Diabetes Update 2019, RSSDI.
- He has presented several papers and publications (18) in his area of expertise in national and international peer-reviewed journals.
- He is a reviewer for American Diabetes Association peer-reviewed journals and various other international journals.