Professional Qualifications – M.D.(Medicine), Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal University in 1984
DNB(Nephrology), Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai
Other formal training – Senior Hospital manager course conducted at Birmingham University, UK by International Hospital Federation in 1992, Course in Emergency Medicine at Royal Hospital London in 1992, Trained in 2DEcho Color Doppler, Stress test, and Ultrasonography. Trained in Upper GI Scopy at Superspeciality GI Unit at Jagjivan Ram Hospital, Mumbai
Professional Experience in Nephrology/Medicine at Previous assignments – After postgraduation in medicine joined & worked as a Physician(AMO) at a Tribal health unit in Harrai & later at Saunser in Madhya Pradesh state services for a year. Subsequently worked as Internist-intensivist with Indian Railway hospital at Bombay, Nagpur & Bina. (Divisional Medical Officer). 1986 – 1991. I was In charge Department of Nephrology since 1992 at Dr. Babasaheb Memorial Hospital, tertiary referral facility for Central Railways at Mumbai. I was also In-charge of an urban diabetic clinic with 1300 registered patients. Helped develop innovative clinical software for computerized registry and did real time management of the Renal & diabetic patients on this model. I completed my DNB Nephrology sub speciality degree while working as Clinical Assistant from 1997-1999 at Jaslok hospital & research centre, Mumbai. Worked as Consultant Nephrologist & Transplant Physician, Department of Nephrology & Dialysis Unit at Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai, India since March 2003. Doing around 60 transplants in a year since then as independent unit head. Conducting the DNB Nephrology post doctoral teaching programme and research activities is an important part of my job.
Present Assignment – Co-ordinator Department of Nephrology and transplantation at Wockhardt Hospital – Mumbai Central
Research & Publications – Presented a number of paper at national and international academic meetings, invited guest speaker at various Nephrology forums and conferences and written update review articles. List of recent papers attached.
Clinical research trials participation – Participated as Principal investigator/Clinical Associate in 4 international drug trials.
- Novel therapeutic option in management of hypertensive crisis, sildenafil augments Nitropusside-induced hypontension. Bahadur MM, Agrawal V et al. Published in Feb 2005, Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, Oxford University.
- Marginal donor kidney in marginal recipient – five year follow-up – case report- M.M. Bahadur. Pooja Binnani, Ruchi Gupta, Sainath Pattewar – Accepted for publication in April-June 2010 issue of Indian Journal of Nephrology.
- Long Neglected bladder”-Case report – Dr. M.M. Bahadur, Dr. Pooja Binnani, Dr. Ruchi Gupta, Dr. Nikhil Kedia, Dr. Sainath P, Accepted for publication – Saudi journal of kidney diseases and transplantation 2011;22:782-3.
- Unilateral recurrent pleural effusion in a Renal Transplant patient – Case Report – M.M. Bahadur, Dr. Pooja Binnani, Dr. Ruchi Gupta, Dr. Nikhil Kedia, Accepted for publication – Saudi journal of kidney diseases and transplantation 2012;23:106-9.
- Renal Transplant in patient of End stage Renal Disease with Anti-Erythropoiten antobody induced pure red cell aplasia. Bahadur MM, Shah S, Gandhi BV, Rupapara PL, Aseem T, Aggarwal V, Savita G, Published in Indian Journal of Nephrology. 2005. Presented at Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, 2004, Mumbai
- Tumor calcinosis in a dialysis patient Indian Journal of Nephrology – Bahadur MM, Binnani P, Aggarwal V, Fulara N, Tumoral calcinosis (Teutschlander disease) in a dialysis patient. Indian J Nephrol 2008;18:122-4
- Systematic fungal infections in renal disease. Gandhi BV, Bahadur MM, Dodeja H, Aggarwal V, Aseem T, Mali M, Published in Journal of Post Graduate Medicine.
- A large cross-sectional study in type 2 diabetics to quantitate nondiabetic kidney disease causing early renal insuffiency. Bahadur MM, Gandhi BV, Aseel T, Abstract 145: American Journal of Nephrology 2004; 24, 61-146.
- Renal transplant in hepatitis patient – Jaslok experience, Rupapara PL, Dodeja HA, Gandhi BV, Bahadur MM. Presented at West Zone, ISN & published in Abstracts of NUTS OF SAR.
- White urine – a simple new test to detect chyluria. Bahadur MM, Aseem T, Sharma PK, Jaslok Hospital & Research centre, Consultant Pathologist. DR BAM Hospital, Mumbai. This paper at SAARC Mumbai 2004.
- IL2 receptor blockers – where do we stand? Rupapara PL, Dodeja H, Bahadur MM, Gandhi BV, ISNCON & published in Abstracts of NUTS & SARC.
- Dyslipidemia in Diabetes – Does it alter in overt diabetic nephropathy? Bahadur MM, Aggarwal V, Sharma PK. NephroAsia 2004 – Singapore Abstract 146: American Journal of Nephrology 2004;24,61-146.
- Hypokalemia in CAPD patients – A less recognized complication Bahadur MM, Rupapara PL, Savita G, Praveen K, Anthony R A This paper was presented at NephroAsia 2004- Singapore Abstract 180: American Journal of Nephrology 2004;24,61-146.
- Successful management of rhinocelebral mucormycosis in a hemodialysis patient. Aggarwal V, Aseem T, Bahadur MM, Gandhi BV, Karnik P This paper presented in Indian Society of hemodialysis, New Delhi
- Systematic fungal infections in renal disease Gandhi BV, Bahadur MM(Cons. Nephrologist), Dodeja H, Aggarwal V, Aseem T, Mali M(Resident Nephrology), Journal of Post Graduate Medicine 2005 vol. 51
- Novel therapeutic option in management of hypertensive crisis, Sildenafil augments Nitroprusside- induced hypotension. Bahadur MM, Aggarwal V(Resident Nephrology), et al. Accepted for publication Feb 2005, Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, Oxford University.
- Significance of Post Transplant donor specific antibody assay in early graft dysfunction Vikram Aggarwal(Resident Nephrology), Dr. M.M. Bahadur, Dr. B.V. Gandhi(Cons. Nephrologist), at ERA-EDTA congress 2006 – Glass glow – U.K.
- Tumoral Calcinosis(Teutschlander disease) in a dialysis patient. Bahadur MM(Cons. Nephrologist), Fulara N, Aggarwal V, Binani P(Resident Nephrology). Accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Nephrology 2008.
- Successful treatment of renal transplant bleeding with recombinant factor VII A Indian Journal of Nephrology Dr. M.M. Bahadur (Cons. Nephrologist), Dr. Sameer Shah, Dr. Aseem Thamba & Dr. Vikram Aggarwal(Resident Nephrology)
- Belatacept evaluation of Nephro protection and efficacy as first immunosuppression Trial(BENEFIT) by Dr. M.M. Bahadur
Assessing glomerular filtration rate in immediate post kidney transplant recipients – On going project, Dr. Pooja Binani, Dr. M.M. Bahadur
Stress Management Trial, Dr. M.M. Bahadur, Dr. Vilesh Kalthoonical.
- Chronic Allograft nephropathy – Indian Experience – Dr. M.M. Bahadur, Dr. Pooja Binnani – Chronic Allograft nephropathy(ISNB:978813229958)@Year 2011)
- Renal Transplantation from Expanded criteria Donors. Pooja Binnani, Madan Mohan Bahadur and Bhupendra Gandhi, Renal Transplantation – Updates and Advances(ISBN 978-953-51-0173-4@year 2012.
Trial – Object
- Significance of post transplant donor specific HLA – antibody assay with early graft dysfunction in live related renal transplantation by Dr. M.M. Bahadur, Dr. B.V.Gandhi, Dr. Vikram Aggarwal, Dr.S.Bulchand
- A Randomised double – blind, placebo controlled paralleled group study to assess effect of endothelin receptor antagonist avosenton on time of doubling of serum creatinine, ESRD or death in patient with type 2 diabetes mellitus and diabetic nephropathy.