- M.B.B.S – Mumbai University, India – Year 1995
- D.N.B.(GEN. SURGERY) – National Board of Examination, New Delhi, India – Year 2000,
- DNB(Surgery) – Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic, Pancreatic, Obesity Surgery – UK
- Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery – France
- Robotic Colorectal Surgery – Italy
- Basic Laparoscopic surgery – Ethicon – Endo – Surgery Institute, Mumbai, India.
- I. Stapling course – Ethicon Endo-Surgery Institute, Mumbai, India
- Overseas Induction Course + Resuscitation training for NHS professionals at Milton Keynes General Hospital, U.K.
- Laparoscopic solid organ surgery – Ethicon Endo-Surgery Institute, Mumbai
Specialized Surgical Experience :
- Clinical Fellowship in Therapeutic G.I. Endoscopy : Motiben Dalvi Hospital, Mumbai for 6 months from 1st August 2001 to 20th 2002. Consultant – Dr. P. Dhawan
- Clinical Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery : Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi for 3 months, from 3rd 2002 to 3rd Jan. 2001. Consultants : Dr. P.K. Chowbey, Dr. R. Khullar, Dr. A.Sharma
- Clinical Observership in Onco – Surgery – Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai for 2 months from 3rd July 2000 to 30th Sept 2001. Consultants : Dr. R. Deshpande, Dr. D.M. Parikh, Dr. L.J. D’Souza, Dr. S. Sharma
General Surgical Training at Registrar Level
- Assistant Medical Officer in Accident and Emergency : T.N.M.C., Nair Hospital for 11 months from 21st 1999 to 30th June 2000.
- Registrar in General Surgery : M.T. Agrawal Hospital, Mumbai for 6 months from 14th 1998 to 31st July 1998. Consultant : Dr. Rajan Seth, Dr. Sudarshan
- Trauma Registrar : L.T.M.M.C.H. And Sion Hospital for 6 months from 1st 1997 to 31st Jan.1998. Consultants : Dr. T.T. Changlani(Post-Graduate Supervisor for National Board of Examination)
- Registrar in General Surgery : Bhabha Hospital, Mumbai for 6 months from 5th 1997 to 31st July 1997. Consultants : Dr. J.P. Shah, Dr. P.P. Varty
General Surgical Experience in SHO Level :
- SHO in General Surgery : Bhagwati Hospital, Mumbai for 11 months from 9th March 1996 to 31st 1997. Consultants : Dr. D.V. Bhagat, Dr. A.R. Nerker
- SHO in General Surgery : Rajawadi Hospital, Mumbai for 7 months from 1st 1995 to 28th Feb. 1996. Consultant – Dr.C.H. Kale, Dr. A.B. Samsi
- SHO in General Surgery : V.N Desai Hospital, Mumbai for 6 months from 7th 1995 to 31st July 1995. Consultants : Dr. R.B. Singh, Dr. C.P. Patankar
Rotating Internship(PRHO) :
7th Feb. 1994 – 6th Feb. 1995 (General Surgery, General Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Preventive and social Medicine – 3 months in each broad specialty).
GENERAL SURGICAL EXPERIENCE
I have completed my surgical training in university-recognized posts in hospitals in Mumbai, India. I received training in General Surgery, including various specialties like orthopedics, Burns, Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery and Urology and Oncosurgery. During this period I performed under supervision most of the minor as well as major operations, elective as well as emergency operations, maintaining a long book for my post-graduate exams, for the National Board of Examination. As I progressed through my tenure, I was appointed as an Administrative Medical Officer In Accident and Emergency at the BYL Nair Hospital for approximately 11 months, which is a 1000 bedded multi-disciplinary teaching hospital run by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai, India. This post carried both teaching and clinical commitments.
SPECIALISED SURGICAL EXPERIENCE
After gaining adequate experience in General Surgery and post-graduate qualification, I developed keen interest in Laparoscopic Surgery. During my Clinical Fellowship in Minimal Access(Laparoscopic) surgery at Sir Ganagarm Hosoital, New Delhi India. I gained a lot of explosure in various cases such as Cholecystectomy, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Endohernia Surgery, Appendectomy. Solid organ surgery including liver/spleen/adrenals/kidney/pancreas, Endoscopic neck surgery including parathyroid and thyroid, Colorectal surgery, Thoracoscopic surgery, Axilloscopy and other advanced laparoscopic surgical maneuvers. Later I also received training in Upper G.I endoscopy.
I was fortunate to be awarded the highly prestigious, Dr. P.N. Berry Educational Trust Scholarship, which is administrated by the Educational Department, High Commission of India, U.K. For training in United Kingdom. I joined the most renowned department of Leeds Institute For Minimally Invasive Therapy for Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Pancreatic Surgery & Obesity Surgery Training at United Leeds Teaching Hospitals, NHS trust, under Professor M J McMahon, in March 2002. Underwent Robotic Surgery Training in Italy in 2010.
- General Surgical and G.I. surgical operations
- Basic Laparoscopic Surgeries : Diagnostic Laparoscopy, Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic appendectomy, Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis,
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries : Laparoscopic Gastro – jejunostomy, Laparoscopic TEP Hernia repair, Laparoscopic Feeding jejunostomy, Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy, Laparoscopic drainage of pancreatic necrosis. Laparoscopic splenectomy, Laparoscopic Ectopic Pregnancy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Fundoplication.
- Pancreatic Surgeries : Whipple’s procedure and Triple Bypass for Carcinoma of the Pancrease, Frey’s and Beger’s procedures for Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Upper G.I. endoscopies : Diagnostic and Therapeutic, Endoscopic PEG for feeding, FB removal
- Obesity Surgery : Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass, Laparoscopic Gastric Banding, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Stapler Haemmorhoidectomy
- Gynaecology – Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Ectopic Pregnancy, Laparoscopic Tubal Ligation, Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Excision.
- Robotic Surgery
- Highly prestigious, Dr. P.N. Berry Educational Trust Scholarship, administrated by Education Trust Scholarship Department, High Commission of India, UK, for Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery in U.K., For the year 2002 – 2003.
- The British Council Sponsorship for training in U.K., for the year 2002 – 2003.
IMA – Indian Medical Association
ASI – Association of Surgeons of India
IAGES – Indian Association of Gastro-intestinal Endo-surgeons
JDF – Jain Doctor’s Federation, Regional Co-ordinator
BNHA – Secretary, Bombay Nursing Home Association
Thesis for P0st-Graduate Qualification, D.N.B.(GEN.SURGERY)
- Analysis of Management of Blunt Abdominal Trauma inn District General Hospital.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy – The Leeds Technique – current status(Presented At EAES 2003, Glasgow, UK)
- Options in Laparoscopic Obesity Surgery : A comparison of result and Complications of three different procedures(Presented at EAES 2003, Glasgow, UK)