- Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Cartilage preservation and Minimally-invasive Fellowship (Knee/ Shoulder/ Elbow/ Ankle/ Hip)- Boston University, Boston, USA
- Shoulder / Elbow Fellowship (Arthroscopy / Joint Replacement/ Complex reconstruction/ Fracture management) at Brown University, Rhode Island, USA.
- Complex Hip and Knee Fellowship at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore.
- Complex Lower limb Fellowship at Seoul, South Korea.
- Ex-Assistant Professor at Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Master’s Degree MS Orthopaedics from Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
Arthroscopy, Sports Orthopedics & Minimally-invasive (key-hole) surgery [Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Hip & Ankle].
Complex Shoulder/ Elbow / Knee reconstruction
Shoulder/ Elbow replacement
Complex Fracture management & care.
Training and Experience
- 3 Clinical hands-on ACGME accredited Fellowships in the USA from 2017 to 2020 graduating from world – renowned universities – Boston University (Boston, MA), Georgetown University (Washington DC) and Brown University (Ivy League University, Providence, Rhode Island).
- He has achieved Orthopedic Shoulder/ Elbow and Orthopedic Sports arthroscopic surgical training in American board-certified programs
- US-based experience of > 1500 Shoulder/Elbow/Knee surgeries arthroscopic and open cases, > 500 Patient-specific computer-assisted Shoulder replacements (Anatomic/ Reverse/ Ream and Run), Reverse for fracture, Revision replacement, Peri-prosthetic fractures.
- The only Indian Orthopedic surgeon endowed with a clinical Shoulder/Elbow Fellowship opportunity in the US (<20 programs nationwide) selected through rigorous ASES (American Shoulder and Elbow Society) and San Francisco Match selection process.
- 3 years of consecutive Licensed clinical mentorship-model based board-certified fellowships with National Provider number 1295261881 in United States of America unlike most other practicing surgeons who pursue just 1-2 months observer-ship /research positions.
- Ex-Assistant Professor Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai and previously trained in other countries like S Korea and Singapore.
Scholarships / Awards:
- Rank-1 in Post-Graduation Orthopaedics Residency University exam held in JULY 2011.
- Awarded the K.S.Sancheti Gold Medal by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (M.U.H.S.) for topping the university exam in the faculty of Orthopaedics-AUGUST-2012.
- Awarded the Dongaonkar Gold Medal by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (M.U.H.S.) for topping the university exam in the faculty of Orthopaedics-AUGUST 2012.
- 2nd Runner-up in Intercollegiate Orthopaedic Quiz held in SEPTEMBER 2009.
- Rank-3 amongst 10,000 students in the Final Year of M.B.B.S(Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery) in the University (M.U.H.S)- FEBRUARY 2006.
- Felicitated with Gold medal for attaining the highest score in the subject of General Surgery at University level in the Final year (3rd year Part-II) of M.B.B.S -DECEMBER 2005.
- Rank-1 amongst 200 students in the 3rd year (Part-I) of M.B.B.S. in Medical School (Grant Medical College & J.J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India) -2004.
- Rank-1 amongst 200 students in the Final year (3rd year Part-II) of M.B.B.S. in Medical School (Grant Medical College & J.J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India)-2005.
- Scholarship from Ratan Tata Trust twice in the year 2003-2004, 2004-2005 for the excellent academic achievement (in top 5 % of students of medical school) in the 2nd and 3rd year of M.B.B.S.
- Rhode Island Board of Medicine, RI (USA)
- Maryland Board of Medicine (USA)
- Massachusetts Board of Medicine (USA)
- Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC)
- Delhi Medical Council (DMC)
- Singapore Medical Council (SMC)
- General Medical Council (GMC), UK.
- AAOS (American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons)
- AOSSM (American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine)
- ASES (American Shoulder and Elbow Society- past member)
- BOS (Bombay Orthopedic Society)
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh UK).
1) Grand round presentation- Case Presentation (Sports Medicine) Adhesive Capsulitis discussing natural history, diagnosis and management options- JUNE 2018. Mentors- Dr Robert Nicoletta and Dr Xinning Li at Boston Medical Center, Boston MA.
2) Resident teaching and Shoulder conference 60 mins (Didactics/Case presentation/Journal club/Grand Rounds) = Every Wednesday 6-7 am- Orthopedic Shoulder/Elbow service and Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, RI, USA.
3) Visiting Professor Research symposium presentation: Pilot Analysis of a Novel Spinous Process Prosthetic Device on the Kinematic and Structural Anatomic Properties of the Lumbar Spine – An In-Vitro Human Cadaveric Model -Medstar Union Memorial Hospital (JUNE,2019).
4) Podium presentation on “Comparison of Lateral Mass Screw Fixation technique and Hartshill Technique in the treatment of Sub-axial cervical spine fractures.”(Research Topic) MOACON (Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association Conference) NOVEMBER,2012 and KOACON (Karnataka Orthopedic Association Conference) FEBRUARY 2012.
- Orthopedic intra-collegiate CME participations with topics like TB Hip, Developmental Dysplasia of Hip, Gait Analysis, Fractures of Distal Femur, Inflammatory arthropathies and Multiple Myeloma.Orthopaedic department- J.J. Hospital, Mumbai-2010 to 2011.
- Bombay Orthopedic Society (BOS) podium presentation on a Case Report of a Bomb-Blast victim of the 26/11 Terrorist attacks in MUMBAI- Compound Grade 3b Tibia Fibula treated with LRS (Limb Reconstruction System) fixation- OCTOBER,2010.
- “Computer-Assisted Preoperative Planning and Patient-Specific Instrumentation for Glenoid Implants in Shoulder Arthroplasty”- James G. Levins, Mohit Kukreja, E.Scott Paxton, Andrew Green, Shoulder/Elbow service, Brown university, Providence, RI, USA Published in JBJS Reviews September 2021. PubMed PMC
- “Comparison of Lateral Mass Screw Fixation technique and Hartshill Technique in the treatment of Sub-axial Cervical spine fractures”(KM Mohit etal.) Mohit M. Kukreja, Ajay S. Chandanwale, Shashikant Nawale MALAYSIAN ORTHOPAEDIC JOURNAL (NOVEMBER 2012 ISSUE)(Volume 6 No.4 Original Article). PubMed
- Arthroscopic intra-articular adhesiolysis for Post-traumatic knee stiffness- Surgical technique and a stepwise approach. Dr. Xinning (Tiger) Li, Dr. Mohit M. Kukreja, Dr. Jeansol Kang. Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Division,Boston Medical Center, One Boston Medical Center Pl, Boston,MA-02118. Arthroscopy techniques, April 2019. PubMed PMC
- Management of a Post-irradiation bilateral Primary THA loosening(aseptic right +infected left with Paprosky type 2B pelvic discontinuity) by Cementless Fixation: A Case report and Review of Literature (Published and Online since December,2017)- Dr.Mohit M.Kukreja MD , Dr.Steven Nishiyama MD, Dr.Parminder S.Kang MD. Desert Orthopaedic Center, 2800E. Desert Inn, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA PubMED PMC
- Can Tibial Tantalum Cones eventually eliminate the adjuvant use of Metallic wedges and Full-width augments in the treatment of AORI Type 2B and Type 3 Metaphyseal Bone defects??- A CASE SERIES with Review of Literature. – Dr.Todd V. Swanson MD, Dr. Mohit M. Kukreja MD. Desert Orthopaedic Center,2800E.Desert Inn, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. PubMED PMC
- The “Capsular Noose”: A New Capsular Repair Technique to Diminish Dislocation Risk after the Posterior Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty- A retrospective analysis with biomechanical comparison in 331 consecutive patients. – Dr. Todd V. Swanson MD, Dr. Mohit M. Kukreja MD, Dr.James C. Ballard MD, , Dr.Henry G. M. Calleja MD,Jonathan M. Brown, B.S. Desert Orthopaedic Center,2800 E. DesertInn, LasVegas, Nevada,USA. PubMED PMC
- Book Chapter: ” Spondylolisthesis in the Growing athletes and adolescents”Seminars of Spine Surgery book (Elsevier) to be published in June 2020. Mohit M Kukreja, Paul J Tortolani.
- Acute-onset Paraplegia in Post-operative D3-D5 Meningioma Excision due to Intraspinal Oxidized Cellulose Mohit M. Kukreja, Vidyadhar G. Telang Journal of Case Reports JCR (Online July 10, 2017) JCR PubCommon Peroneal nerve palsy secondary to a Proximal Tibiofibular joint “Ganglion cyst”-a Case Report -November,2015 published in Open Journal of Orthopaedics- Mohit M. Kukreja, Vidyadhar G. Telang . India Open Journal Of Orthopedics