- Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Cartilage preservation and Minimally-invasive Fellowship (Knee/ Shoulder/ Elbow/ Ankle/ Hip)- Boston University, Boston, USA
- Shoulder / Elbow Fellowship (Arthroscopy / Joint Replacement/ Complex reconstruction/ Fracture management) at Brown University, Rhode Island, USA.
- Complex Hip and Knee Fellowship at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore.
- Complex Lower limb Fellowship at Seoul, South Korea.
- Ex-Assistant Professor at Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Master’s Degree MS Orthopaedics from Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
Arthroscopy, Sports Orthopedics & Minimally-invasive (key-hole) surgery [Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Hip & Ankle].
Complex Shoulder/ Elbow / Knee reconstruction
Shoulder/ Elbow replacement
Complex Fracture management & care.
Training and Experience
- 3 Clinical hands-on ACGME accredited Fellowships in the USA from 2017 to 2020 graduating from world-renowned universities – Boston University (Boston, MA), Georgetown University (Washington DC), and Brown University (Ivy League University, Providence, Rhode Island).
- He has achieved Orthopedic Shoulder/ Elbow and Orthopedic Sports arthroscopic surgical training in American board-certified programs
- US-based experience of > 1500 Shoulder/Elbow/Knee surgeries arthroscopic and open cases, > 500 Patient-specific computer-assisted Shoulder replacements (Anatomic/ Reverse/ Ream and Run), Reverse for fracture, Revision replacement, Peri-prosthetic fractures.
- The only Indian Orthopedic surgeon endowed with a clinical Shoulder/Elbow Fellowship opportunity in the US (<20 programs nationwide) selected through rigorous ASES (American Shoulder and Elbow Society) and San Francisco Match selection process.
- 3 years of consecutive Licensed clinical mentorship-model based board-certified fellowships with National Provider number 1295261881 in the United States of America, unlike most other practicing surgeons who pursue just 1-2 months observer-ship /research positions.
- Ex-Assistant Professor Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, and previously trained in other countries like S Korea and Singapore.
Scholarships / Awards:
- Rank 1 in the Post-Graduation Orthopaedics Residency University exam held in JULY 2011.
- Awarded the K.S.Sancheti Gold Medal by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (M.U.H.S.) for topping the university exam in the faculty of Orthopaedics-AUGUST-2012.
- Awarded the Dongaonkar Gold Medal by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (M.U.H.S.) for topping the university exam in the faculty of Orthopaedics-AUGUST 2012.
- 2nd Runner-up in Intercollegiate Orthopaedic Quiz held in SEPTEMBER 2009.
- Rank-3 amongst 10,000 students in the Final Year of M.B.B.S(Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery) in the University (M.U.H.S)- FEBRUARY 2006.
- Felicitated with a Gold medal for attaining the highest score in the subject of General Surgery at the University level in the Final year (3rd year Part-II) of M.B.B.S -DECEMBER 2005.
- Rank-1 amongst 200 students in the 3rd year (Part-I) of M.B.B.S. in Medical School (Grant Medical College & J.J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India) -2004.
- Rank-1 amongst 200 students in the Final year (3rd year Part-II) of M.B.B.S. in Medical School (Grant Medical College & J.J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India)-2005.
- Scholarship from Ratan Tata Trust twice in the year 2003-2004, and 2004-2005 for excellent academic achievement (in the top 5 % of students of medical school) in the 2nd and 3rd year of M.B.B.S.
- Rhode Island Board of Medicine, RI (USA)
- Maryland Board of Medicine (USA)
- Massachusetts Board of Medicine (USA)
- Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC)
- Delhi Medical Council (DMC)
- Singapore Medical Council (SMC)
- General Medical Council (GMC), UK.
- AAOS (American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons)
- AOSSM (American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine)
- ASES (American Shoulder and Elbow Society- past member)
- BOS (Bombay Orthopedic Society)
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh UK).
Research & Publications
1) Grand round presentation- Case Presentation (Sports Medicine) Adhesive Capsulitis discussing natural history, diagnosis, and management options- JUNE 2018. Mentors- Dr. Robert Nicoletta and Dr. Xinning Li at Boston Medical Center, Boston MA.
2) Resident teaching and Shoulder conference 60 mins (Didactics/Case presentation/Journal club/Grand Rounds) = Every Wednesday 6-7 am- Orthopedic Shoulder/Elbow service and Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, RI, USA.
3) Visiting Professor Research symposium presentation: Pilot Analysis of a Novel Spinous Process Prosthetic Device on the Kinematic and Structural Anatomic Properties of the Lumbar Spine – An In-Vitro Human Cadaveric Model -Medstar Union Memorial Hospital (JUNE,2019).
4) Podium presentation on “Comparison of Lateral Mass Screw Fixation technique and Hartshill Technique in the treatment of Sub-axial cervical spine fractures.”(Research Topic) MOACON (Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association Conference) NOVEMBER,2012 and KOACON (Karnataka Orthopedic Association Conference) FEBRUARY 2012.
- Orthopedic intra-collegiate CME participation with topics like TB Hip, Developmental Dysplasia of Hip, Gait Analysis, Fractures of Distal Femur, Inflammatory arthropathies, and Multiple Myeloma.Orthopedic department- J.J. Hospital, Mumbai-2010 to 2011.
- Bombay Orthopedic Society (BOS) podium presentation on a Case Report of a Bomb-Blast victim of the 26/11 Terrorist attacks in MUMBAI- Compound Grade 3b Tibia Fibula treated with LRS (Limb Reconstruction System) fixation- OCTOBER,2010.
- “Computer-Assisted Preoperative Planning and Patient-Specific Instrumentation for Glenoid Implants in Shoulder Arthroplasty”- James G. Levins, Mohit Kukreja, E.Scott Paxton, Andrew Green, Shoulder/Elbow service, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA Published in JBJS Reviews September 2021. PubMed PMC
- “Comparison of Lateral Mass Screw Fixation technique and Hartshill Technique in the treatment of Sub-axial Cervical spine fractures”(KM Mohit et al.) Mohit M. Kukreja, Ajay S. Chandanwale, Shashikant Nawale MALAYSIAN ORTHOPAEDIC JOURNAL (NOVEMBER 2012 ISSUE)(Volume 6 No.4 Original Article). PubMed
- Arthroscopic intra-articular adhesiolysis for Post-traumatic knee stiffness- Surgical technique and a stepwise approach. Dr. Xinning (Tiger) Li, Dr. Mohit M. Kukreja, Dr. Jeansol Kang. Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Division, Boston Medical Center, One Boston Medical Center Pl, Boston, MA-02118. Arthroscopy techniques, April 2019. PubMed PMC
- Management of a Post-irradiation bilateral Primary THA loosening(aseptic right +infected left with Paprosky type 2B pelvic discontinuity) by Cementless Fixation: A Case report and Review of Literature (Published and Online since December 2017)- Dr.Mohit M.Kukreja MD, Dr.Steven Nishiyama MD, Dr.Parminder S.Kang MD. Desert Orthopaedic Center, 2800E. Desert Inn, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA PubMed PMC
- Can Tibial Tantalum Cones eventually eliminate the adjuvant use of Metallic wedges and Full-width augments in the treatment of AORI Type 2B and Type 3 Metaphyseal Bone defects??- A CASE SERIES with Review of Literature. – Dr.Todd V. Swanson MD, Dr. Mohit M. Kukreja MD. Desert Orthopaedic Center,2800E.Desert Inn, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. PubMed PMC
- The “Capsular Noose”: A New Capsular Repair Technique to Diminish Dislocation Risk after the Posterior Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty- A retrospective analysis with biomechanical comparison in 331 consecutive patients. – Dr. Todd V. Swanson MD, Dr. Mohit M. Kukreja MD, Dr.James C. Ballard MD, Dr.Henry G. M. Calleja MD, Jonathan M. Brown, B.S. Desert Orthopaedic Center,2800 E. DesertInn, LasVegas, Nevada, USA. PubMed PMC
- Book Chapter: ” Spondylolisthesis in the Growing athletes and adolescents”Seminars of Spine Surgery book (Elsevier) to be published in June 2020. Mohit M Kukreja, Paul J Tortolani.
- Acute-onset Paraplegia in Post-operative D3-D5 Meningioma Excision due to Intraspinal Oxidized Cellulose Mohit M. Kukreja, Vidyadhar G. Telang Journal of Case Reports JCR (Online July 10, 2017) JCR PubCommon Peroneal nerve palsy secondary to a Proximal Tibiofibular joint “Ganglion cyst” -a Case Report -November 2015 published in Open Journal of Orthopaedics- Mohit M. Kukreja, Vidyadhar G. Telang. India Open Journal Of Orthopedics