- Mch Orthopedics(Master in Orthopedics), Ninewells Hospital University of Dundee – May 2008
- MRCS(Edinburgh, U.K.), (Member Royal College of Surgeons), UK – March 2007
- MS Orthopedics (Master in Orthopedic Surgery), King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, India – August 2001 to August 2004
- B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of surgery), King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, India – 1995 – 2000
- August 2009 to Till date – Senior Clinical Fellow(Joint Replacement Unit), Department of Orthopedics and Trauma, Queen Elizabeth II Hospital, Welwyn arden City, Hertfordshire, UK
- December 2008 to August 2009 – Consultant, Department of Orthopedics and Trauma, Dr. Hedgewar Hospital, Delhi Government Health Services(DGHS), India
- September 2007 to June 2008 – Master of Orthopedic Surgery(Mch Orth.), University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee
- February 2006 to August 2007 – Registrar, Department of Orthopedics, North western Deanery, Tameside eneral Hospital, Aston – U – Lyne, U.K.
- August 2001 to August 2004 – Resident Doctor, Department of Orthopedics, King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, India.
- Knee Arthroplasty Course(Zimmer): Oxford, UK
- Knee Arthroplasty Course: Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, U.K.
- Hip Arthroplasty Course(Zimmer): Oxford, UK
- Hip Arthroplasty Course: Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, U.K.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support(ATLS) Course : Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, U.K.
- Advanced Life Support(ILS) Course (Resuscitation Council UK) : Tameside General Hospital, U.K.
- Immediate Life Support(ILS) Course (Resuscitation Council UK) : New Cross Hospital, U.K.
- Competency to Consent Course, Tameside General Hospital, Ashton-U-Lyne, Lancashire, U.K.
- Clinical Audit Training Tameside General Hospital, Ashton-U-Lyne, Lancashire, U.K.
- Trauma Course for Surgical Trainees Tameside General Hospital, Ashton-U-Lyne, Lancashire, U.K.
- Communication skills course Tameside General Hospital, Ashton-U-Lyne, Lancashire, U.K.
INTEREST AND ACTIVITIES
- Represented school and college in various Cricket tournaments, Tennis tournaments and Swimming competitions
- Represented School and College in Debating contents and Dramatics
- Enthusiastic about travel, sports, Physical fitness and interaction with people from different cultures
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
- Expert knowledge of windows and Internet
- Proficient in MS Office and Multi-media Presentations
- Enthusiastic, about my work, learning and research
- Confident, but also recognize my limitations and do not hesitate to seek timely advice from colleagues and seniors
- Innovative, I always attempt to think of new, better and more efficient ways of doing things
- Disciplined and Sincere, I always keep my on call commitments and fulfill all duties of the post
- Flexible, I am always prepared to be flexible in working patterns
- Organized, I believe in good organization and time management skills
- As a senior Clinical fellow, in the current job in the UK, I am actively in the teaching and training programme for foundation doctors and core trainees(CT1 and CT2).
- As a consultant in the hospital in India, I was actively involved in the teaching program for registrars and resident doctors. My curriculum involves regular teaching sessions through lectures and demonstrations
- As a Resident doctor my curriculum involved regular teaching of Medical Undergraduates and Trainee Nurses.
- I have also actively participated in several presentations directed at enhancing learning amongst fellow residents and colleagues.
- I have authored two books intended for undergraduate medical students aspiring to qualify for postgraduate training courses in India.
- Presentations skills Award for best presentation in the Mch Orthopedics Course at Ninewell’s Hospital, University of Dundee, in the year 2008.
- Roop Kishan Das Memorial Gold Medal for best all round student in final year MBBS
- Silver Medal for outstanding performance in Microbiology
- Certificate of Honour for outstanding performance in Ophthalmology in the year 2000
- Certificate of Honour for outstanding performance in Microbiology in the year 1999
- Certificate of Honour for outstanding performance in Physiology in the year 1996
- Certificate of Honour for outstanding performance in Biochemistry in the year 1996
Scientific Presentations at Conferences(National/State level):
- Surgical management of displaced fractures of Acetabulum, 49th Annual conference – The Indian Orthopedic Association – 2004
- Being self limiting Heterotopic ossification or pseudomalignant osseous tumor of soft tissue, 49th Annual conference – The Indian Orthopedic Association – 2004
- Myositis ossification circumscripta : A rare case report, 28thP. Ortho Conference – 2004
- How to minimize failures of fixation of unstable trochanteric fractures – A prospective and Retrospective study of sixty Trochanteric fractures, 28thP. Ortho conference – 2004
- Analysis of correlation between barrel length, Richard screw and fracture geometry – short barrel vs long barrel, 48th Annual conference – The Indian Orthopedic Association
- Controlled Differential Distraction in Resistant Relapsed and Neglected clubfeet Mahendra A Jain U.K., Shah K, Khanna M; Accepted for abstract publication in Journal of bone and Joint surgery (British)(JBJS)
- Prognostic factors in Operatively managed Intertrochanteric fractures, Khanna M et al: Journal of Bone and Joint Diseases (JBJD) Vol 20 Dec 2004, p31-33
- Evaluation of Collagen Granules/sheets for treatment of Bed sores in spinal cord injury patients: Indian Journal of Bioresearch Vol 56 No.1 p56-59, January-June 2004, A Vasthi S., Khanna M., Arora G, Kumar A.
- Authored a book for postgraduate entrance examinations,”All IndiaPostgraduate Entrance-Self assessment and review(2001-2007)”, Aditya Medical Publisher, ISBN;81-87925-49-3.
- Authored a book on for Postgraduate Entrance Examinations, “Medicine – Self Assessment and Review (2005-2007)” Arora Medical Publishers, ISBN;81-902080-9-8.
RESEARCH AND AUDIT
- Submitted Dissertation/Thesis work titled ‘cemented versus uncemented Total Hip Arthroplasty: Comparison of Performance, outcome and complications: A study of 5000 cases to university od Dundee.
- Submitted Dissertation/Thesis work titled ‘Trochanteric Fractures Of Femur: A Retrospective and Prospective Analysis of Outcome and complications’ to king George’s Medical University
- Completed and presented an audit titled ‘Documentation in case notes by Doctors’ at Tameside General Hospital, Ashton-U-Lyne, Lancashire
- Completed and presented an audit titled ‘Audit of Major Trauma Management’ at Tameside General Hospital, Ashton-U-Lyne, Lancashire
- Completed and presented an audit titled ‘Audit on Consent Forms for Orthopedic Procedures’ at Tameside General Hospital, Ashton-U-Lyne, Lancashire