- M.B.B.S.: Nov.1989, Govt. Medical College, Nagpur University
- M.S.(Gen.Surgery) : April 1994,Govt. Medical College, Nagpur
- M.Ch.(Urology): July 1998, (LTMMC & LTMGH, Sion)Mumbai.
- D.N.B.(Genitourinary Surgery): Diplomate of National Board, Dec. 1998
I am recognized as a teacher of the University of Mumbai for the M.Ch.(Urology) and guide one student every year.
Special Interests :
Although I practice all aspects of Urology my special interests are Endourology including Flexible scopies, LASERs in Urology, stone disease, Laparoscopy & transplant.
Professional Experience :
Associate professor, Department of Urology, T.N.M.C. & B.Y.L. Nair charitable Hospital, Mumbai from 8th March 2006 till 18th Nov 2011
Lecturer, Department of Urology, T.N.M.C. & B.Y.L. Nair charitable Hospital, Mumbai from Feb 1999 till 8th March 2006
Senior resident Urology at LTMMC and LTMGH, Sion Mumbai from 11/7/95 to 10/7/98 and as Post Qualification 4th yr Resident from 11/7/98 to 10/1/99.
Lecturer in Gen. Surgery, Government Medical College & Hospital (GMCH), Nagpur from 17/1/95 to 30/6/95
Registrar in General Surgery(including Burns) at GMCH Nagpur from 8/10/92 to 15/1/95
House officer in General Surgery at GMCH, Nagpur from 7/9/91 to 21/2/92
Junior Resident in Orthopedics at GMCH, Nagpur from 11/2/91 to 6/9/91
Internship Rotating in all clinical branches at Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur from 1/1/90 to 31/12/90
Training Abroad :
I worked as a clinical fellow at Changi General Hospital, Singapore on Singapore Urology Association and Societe International D’ Urologir’ (SIU) fellowship from Feb 8th to March 18th 2004. Attended specialist out patient clinics every week with HO Siew Hong. I learnt and performed TRUS with prostate biopsies in Clinical Measurement Unit(CMU). I also learnt performed flexible scopies in day care surgeries. I also attended operations at Changi General Hospital and at Singapore general hospital to see Robotic Lap Radical Prostatectomy by Christopher Cheng.
I attended Institute of Urology and Nephrology, University College of London on clinical attachment between dates 1st July to 19th July 2002, for learning reconstructive urology by Mr. A.R. Mundy, Mr. C. Woodhouse, Mr. P. Cuckow et al. I also interacted with Dr. M.J. Kellet, Mr. Simon Choong and Mr. Peter Philip to learn endourology. I attended Urology and Radiology sessions and PCNL also at Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital with Dr. Kellet and Mr. P. Duffy till 23rd July 2002.
I visited Methodist hospital at Indianapolis, U.S.A., June 11 to 17th 2001; for training of the new procedure; Holmium laser nucleation of prostate(HOLEP) by Dr. James E. Lingemen.
I worked at The Cleveland Clinic foundation, section of Laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery in the Urological institute, U.S.A. From June 17th to July 7th 2001, for training in Laparoscopic urology by Dr. Inderbir Gill.
I worked at Vanderbit University Medical Center, Department of Urological Surgery at Nashville in the state of Tennessee, U.S.A. to learn uro-oncology from 9th July to 29th July 2001. I learnt different techniques of neobladder after radical cystectomy for bladder cancer, inguinal lymphadenectomy for penile cancer, retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testicular cancer and radical prostatectomies from Dr. Joseph A. Smith Jr.
I attended Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Department of Urology, New York, US.A. from 28th July to 24th August 2001 for training in endourology such as percutaneous nephrolithotomy for renal stones, treatment of stones at various locations by flexible ureteroscopies, applications of Holmium Laser and treatment of transitional cell carcinoma of kidney by percutaneous method from Dr. Arthur Smith. I interacted with Dr. Gopal Badlani to learn videourodynamics, surgery for stress urinary incontinence and prolapse in females, artificial urinary sphincter etc.
- 31st in order to merit out of 146471 candidates in secondary school certificate examination, Maharashtra state board of secondary and higher secondary education.
- 3rd in order of merit in M.Ch. (Urology) examination conducted by Mumbai University in July 1998.
- 1st Prize in quiz for Consultants at Mumbai Urology society Annual conference feb 2000
- “Jyoti Patel Trophy” and first prize for the year 2000, awarded for the ‘best paper’ presented in B.Y.L. Nair staff society scientific meetings in 2000.
- Recipient of “Chakraborty Fellowship – 2001” for visiting centers of excellence in U.S.A., awarded by Indian American Urological Association.
- Recipient of “Hargobind foundation medical fellowship – 2001”. This foundation started in 1987 selects exemplary talented young doctors and provides assistance for accruing advanced medical knowledge and technology at well known centres abroad providing benefit to the masses of India.
- Recipient of “Rameshwardasji Birla Smarak Kosh” medical fellowship for 2000 – 2001 for special training in endourology including applications of lasers and laparoscopic urology.
- Recipient of “Sir Ratan Tata Trust” travel grant to attend the American Urology Association world congress and training in endourological procedures.
- Recipient of “International Fellowship” of Singapore Urological Association in 2002.
- Recipient of “Societe Internationale D’Urologie’(SIU) fellowship for 2003.
- Second prize for the year 2007, awarded for the ‘best paper’ presented in B.Y.L. Nair staff society scientific meetings.
- Recipient of Outstanding Young Indian award for the year 2007; awarded by Junior Chamber Internationale Marine lines in recognition of Outstanding achievements below the age of forty in Medical field.
- Urological society of India : Life Member
- West Zone Chapter of Urological Society Of India: Life Member
- Indian Medical Association : Life Member
- National Association of Medical Sciences : Life Member
- Societe Internationale D Urologie : Active Member
- Singapore Urology Association : Yearly Membership
- Mumbai Urology Society : council member in 2007-2009
- “Is Antegrade Ureteroscopy better than Retrograde Ureteroscopy for impacted large upper ureteral calculi?” Journal of Endourology Vol. 13, No.6, Aug 1999, Pg. 441-444
- “A clinical review of fifty consecutive cases of retropublic prostatectomy for B.P.H..” Indian Journal of Urology, vol.16, No.2, March 2000, pg.122-125
- “Calcification in urinary tract tuberculosis” Indian Journal of Urology, vol.16 No.2, March 2000, pg.111-115
- “Supracostal approach for PCNL”. British Journal of Urology,85,1-3. Available on website www.bjui.org
- “Bilateral simultaneous percutaneous nephrolithotomy, a feasible and safe treatment”. Journal pf Endourology. Vol. 14,No.3,April 2000,Pg.279-281
- “An unusual medially directed calyceal diverticulum” Indian Journal of Urology, vol.16, No.2, March 2000, pg. 156-157
- “In line tug on a through and through glide wire to reposition open-ended catheter during PCNL” Techniques in Urology Mar. 2000;6(1),37-38
- “Nephrostomy tube after percutaneous nephrolithotomy; large bore or Pigtail catheter?” Journal of Endourology Nov.2000, Vol.14, No.9, pg.735-738
- “Re-establishment of dislodged per-cutaneous nephrostomy tube by Ureteroscope.” “Techniques in Urology” Sept 2000,6(3), 210-11.
- “Endoscopy assisted Freyer’s prostatectomy.” “Techniques in Urology”. Sept 2000,6(3), 2008-9
- “Dismembered Pyeloplasty – Modified Approach”. Accepted for publication in Sept. 2000, in “Techniques in Urology.”
- “Bladder preservation in adult classical exstrophy – Early results of 4 cases.” “Urology.” Vol 57(95), 2001, pg. 906-910contd.
- “The indwelling ureteric stent: A friendly procedure with unfriendly high morbidity.” Letter to Editor – BJU International 86, 757-758, 2000
- Laparoscopy assisted PCNL for staghorn calculus in a pelvic kidney. Accepted for publication in JSLS
- Symptomatic small non-obstructing lower ureteric calculi: Comparison of ureteroscopy and extra corporeal shock wave lithotripsy. J Postgrad Med. 2001 Jul-Sept;47(3):177-80
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy: Complications and their prevention Guest Editorial in Bombay Hospital journal, vol 44 No 2 pg 181-184. April 2002
- Efficacy and safety of Tolterodine in subject with symptoms of overactive bladder: An open label, noncomparative, prospective, multicentric study. Indian Journal of Urology, vol 19, No 1, pg 73 – 78, Sep 2002
- Percutaneous calyceal irrigation for small calyceal calculi during percutaneous nephrolithotomy. ‘African Journal of Urology’ September 03.
- Letter to Editor : Supracostal approach for PCNL : experience of 102 cases. Journal of Endo-urology September 03
- Bilateral ureteroscopy : our experience African Journal of Urology. Sept 2003
- Laparoscopically guided transperitoneal percutaneous nephrolithotomy for calculi in pelvic ectopic kidneys. Surg Endosc 2004; 18:1151.
- Mucinous cystadenocarcinoma of renal pelvic – A case report Indian Journal of Urology Vol 20, No.2, pg 172, Apr 2004
- Bilateral single session ureteroscopy for ureteral calculi : is it as afe and effective? African j of urology 2005(pp. 129-132)
- Percutaneous calyceal irrigation for small calyceal calculi during percutaneous nephrolithotomy African j urology 2005(pp. 129 – 132)
- Safety and Efficacy of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy in the Pediatric Population Journal of Endourology. April 1, 2008, 22(4): 637-640
- Dorsolateral Onlay Urethroplasty for anterior urethral strictures by a unilateral urethral mobilization approach”.Indian Journal of Urology, vol 25(2), 2009, p 211-4.
- Impact of prior urethral manipulation on outcome of anastomotic urethroplasty for post-traumatic urethral stricture” – UROLOGY, Vol 75, 2010, p 179-182
- Factors predicting success in hypospadias repair using preputial flap with limited pedical mobilization(Asopa procedure)-UROLOGY. Indian J Urology, 2010
- Bilateral single system ectopic ureters opening into vaginalized urogenital sinus Indian J Urology. Jan-March 2010.