- M.D (Gynaecology and obstetrics) – Sir J.J Hospital and Grant medical college.
- D.G.O (Gynaecology and obstetrics) – Sir J.J Hospital and Grant medical college.
- F.C.P.S. (Gynaecology and obstetrics) – Sir J.J Hospital and Grant medical college.
- M.B.B.S. – Topiwala National Medical College and Nair Hospital.
I have performed complex surgical procedures including Wertheim’s hysterectomy, surgery for ovarian malignancies, vaginoplasty, surgeries for endometrial malignancies amongst many others.
I have performed many surgeries using the latest techniques including laparoscopic surgeries for various conditions like endometriosis, fibroids, infertility and hysterectomies.
Some highlights for my surgical career include:
- Myomectomy for uterus with 5kg (15 x 10 cms) leiomyoma.
- Oncosurgeries for multiple pelvic malignancies including a large ovarin tumour measuring 15 x 15 cms.
- Perineal repairs in cases of neglected perineal tears.
- SUI surgeries.
I have conducted many complex obstetrics surgeries including:
- Caesarian section under local anesthesia.
- Conducted normal delivery for a patient with dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Successfully managed many patients with Bad Obstetrics history.
I have wide experience in treatment of infertility: including corrective surgeries for endometriosis, surgeries for tubal repair, surgeries for uterine anomalies, intrauterine insemination (IUI).
I am well versed with management of all gynaecological and obstetrics emergencies.
I have operated on many international patients from countries such as U.A.E., Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Tanzania and South Africa.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
- Awarded by the then Police commissioner Mr. Sanjeev Dayal in the year 2010 for “Outstanding contribution to the Mumbai Police Hospital, Nagpada” as an Honorary Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician.
- Awarded by the then Addl. Municipal commissioner Mr. Patankar – “ Satara Gaurav” award for exceptional contribution to the field of Medicine for people hailing from Satara.
- MY Raval scholarship for extraordinary performance in All Maharashtra OB/GYN Conference, Pune 2001.
- 1st rank in FOGSI – All rounder quiz held by Feberation of OB/GYN society of India, Mumbai zone, Quiz – September 2001.
- 3rd rank in FOGSI – All rounder quiz, All india round – 2001.
- Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Maharashtra Medical council (MMC).
- Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society of India (FOGSI).
- College of Physicians and surgeons (CPS).
- Original Research thesis done on “Drotaverine in augmentation of Labour” submitted in Mumbai university.
- This was the FIRST TIME Drotaverine was used in augmentationof labour in Mumbai.
- The thesis received a lot of appreciation and positive feedback from my P.G. guide – Dr. C.N. Purandare and the entire Gynaecology fraternity.
- “Use of drotaverine in augmentation of labour”.
- “Medical therapy for P.C.O.D. – Metformin.”
- Indumati Zaveri prize for paper presentation – PGE 2 gel in induction of labour at All India OB/GYN Congress, Lucknow.
- Much praised presentation of paper on Rare congenital anomaly –“Evaluation of Mac Indoe’s vaginoplasty in congenital absence of vagina”- 25 cases at International Congress xvii Asian and Oceanic congress.
- Effect of Drotaverine in acceleration of labour – 45th AICOG, Bhubaneshwar.
- Conservative management of ectopic pregnancy – SAFOG International conference – 2003.
- Co-author: Endodermal sinus tumour of Ovary.
- Co-author for Hydatid cyst of uterus and endodermal sinus tumour of ovary at Yuva paschim Goa – 2001.
- Co-author for use of Camylofine in augmentation of labour.
- Co-author for Manual vacuum aspiration for 1st trimester MTP.
- 1ST time research of new drug – Camylofine hydrochloride in augmentation of labour.
- Co-author for presentation of paper on new devise – Manual vacuum aspiration for 1st trimester M.T.P.