- M.B.B.S., M.S. (General Surgery); MCh. (Urology); Diplomate National Board (Urology)
- Association of Surgeons of India.
- Urological Society of India.
- Bombay Urological Society, India.
- West Zone Chapter of the Urological Society of India.
- Indian Society of Organ Transplantation.
- Endourology Society.
- Aging, Gender, Andrology & Sexual (Science) of India (AGASSI)
- American Society of Andrology.
- S.M.S.T. (International Society for Medical Shockwave Treatment).
- Renal transplantation (Govt. Recognized Transplant Surgeon).
- Urologic Reconstructive Surgery.
- Male & Female Sexual Dysfunctions.
- Pioneered Low- Intensity Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy in India and established the first ESWT facility in the country.
- Renal Transplantation and Vascular Access Surgery – from 1979 till date.
- Extensive Experience in Renal Transplantation, Multiple Vascular Anastomosis, Pediatric Renal Transplantation, Vascular Access for Hemodialysis viz. Vascular Grafts (venous, artificial grafts), Transposition of Vessels.
- Urological – from 1979 till date.
- Training in Robotic Surgery at Roswell Park, Buffalo, NY – 2012.
- Shockwaves in Medicine – from 2010 till date.
- Clinical Research Fellow at Tata Memorial Hospital in Uro – Oncology.
- Microsurgery training at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
Research & Publications
Use of Thiotepa installations in superficial bladder tumors (Dr. J.N. Kulkarni, Dr. R.L. Juvekar, Dr. M.R. Kamat). Indian Journal of Cancer, vol. 18, 3 September 1981.
- Lecture on ESWT in Wound Healing at Storz Distributor Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand; in November 2013.
- Lecture on ESWT in Wound Healing at Medical conference in Nigeria, February 2013.
- Presentation on Shockwaves in Diabetic wounds presented at the German ESWT Society in 2013.
- Shockwaves in Medicine (Diabetic foot & Orthopaedics) presented in Nigeria at a 2013 International Conference.
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy – presented to Ministry of Health Oman, 12th February 2012.
- Shockwaves in Medicine – presented to the Ministry of Health South Africa, 8th November 2011.
- Shockwave Therapy in Revascularisation – Indian Medical Association GP Forum, February 2011.
- The evolving role of the Family Physician – Indian Medical Association 2010.
- Urodynamics – 12th September 1986, lecture delivered at postgraduate training curse” the Bombay Obstetric & Gynecological Society.
- Retrocaval ureter associated with renal malignancy Dr. R.L. Juvekar, Dr. Mohan Suvarna, Dr. P. Venugopal. Paper presented at the 43rd Annual A.S.I. Conference urology section, Madras, 1983.
- Urinary flow profile in outflow obstruction Dr. R.L. Juvekar, Dr. K.L. Achrekar, Dr. P. Venugopal. Paper presented at 8th annual urological conference, Calcutta, September 1984.
- The complication of surgery of hydronephrosis: Dr. R.L. Juvekar, Symposium on hydronephrosis, 3rd conference, Kerala Urological Association, 8th January 1984.
- Antero – medium incision of the bladder neck, 16 cases, Dr.F.P. Soonawala, Dr. S.S. Lal, Dr. R.L. Juvekar. Paper presented at the Urology conference. Trivandrum, 1979.
- Importance of liver scan in the diagnosis of upper abdominal masses (Thesis for M.S. General Surgery).