May1993 to date
Have been doing invasive cardiology work at various hospitals in south Mumbai where I regularly perform coronary Angiography and Interventions independently. I have an experience of about 10,000 independent coronary angiographies and about 1000 independent coronary angioplasties.
Since the last 4 years most of these procedures are being done via the Radial approach. I also have a good experience in the management of AMI by Primary Angioplasty.
May 84 – March 91
Worked as a Lecturer in the Dept of Medicine at Nair for a year and then was in Private Practise as a Physician between 1984 and 1991. Registered for DM in Cardiology in 1991 which I passed in 1993 at the first attempt . Have been practising as a Cardiologist since 1993
- Took admission at Nair Hospital as the student with the highest entrance marks
- Passed MD (Medicine) in 1981 and was awarded two Gold Medals for standing first in the University
- Awarded the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial award in 1981 for academic excellence
- Passed FCPS (Medicine) in 1982 and was awarded a Gold Medal for the same.
- Presented two cases at the National Interventional meeting in Dec 2009 at Kochi , India
- At the EURO PCR 2010 have presented a paper on Left main bifurcation angioplasty.
- At the Asia PCR in Singapore 2010 , have presented a complex PAMI case and participated in a teaching session on antegrade CTO.
- Attended TCT 2010 as a faculty
- Was on the faculty of the Asia PCR Live held in Singapore in January 2011 where have presented a complex Coronary Angioplasty case in the “How to Treat “session.
- Was on advisory faculty of the EURO PCR held in Paris in May 2011.
- Attended TCT 2011 , 2012 AND 2013 on the advisor faculty
- At the EURO PCR 2012 was invited as a guest member and presented a case in the “ How to Treat” session.