I complete my undergraduate and post graduate medical career in GENERAL SURGERY from T.N Medical college & B.Y.L Nair Hospital, University of Bombay.
I completed my postgraduate training in UROLOGY at L.T.M Medical college & Hospital, University of Bombay. It is a 1000 bedded multispecialty hospital.
I was Associate Professor & Head of Department of UROLOGY at L.T.M Medical college & Hospital, University of Bombay. It is a 1000 bedded multispecialty hospital.
Types of operations performed :
- Endourology: Internal Urethotomy, Cystolithotrity, TUR Prostate, TUR BT
Ureterorenoscopy : 2-3/ week
P.C.N.L. : 3/ Week
- Open urology operations : Various urological operations of Kidney, Ureter, & Bladder.
Radical Cystectomy & Bladder Substitution with Continent Urinary Diversion 25/ year.
Urethroplasties 30/ year
S.U.I. Surgery 30/ year.
- Infertility & Impotence : Penile prosthesis Microsurgery for male infertility.
- Renal Transplantation : Done 160 Renal Transplant Surgeries. Done 4 Cadaver Kidney Transplantations.
E. Paediatric Urology : Hypospadias.8/month, VU reflux, PU Valves, PCNL
- Ten years 6 months since appointed as Lecturer on 28.3.90
- At present recognized University Postgraduate Teacher for M. Ch(Urology) course of University of Bombay.
- Two students are registered every year for M.Ch. Urology course with me. They complete a dissertation and a 3 year residency program under my guidance
- I take postgraduate clinics for M.Ch. Urology students of University of Bombay.
- Special Interest :
Paediatric Urology and hypospadias.
Observer at Dr. Asopa Hospital twice in 1998.
- Council member representing India for Asian Society of Female Urology ( SINGAPORE)
Member of Asia Pacific Continence Advisory Board(SINGAPORE)
- For M.Ch. Urology my dissertation was on Evaluation of Urethroplasties in the management of stricture urethra. A study of 100 cases
- Evaluation of Ipetrophan in BPH
- Clinical Efficacy of Finasteride in BPH(Double Blind Placebo Controlled study)
- Clinical Efficacy of Tolterodine in Overactive Bladder
- Urodynamic projects
Parkinsonism, P.U. valves, Enuretics, Spinal Dysraphism, S.U.I, Cerebrovasscular Accident
Conferences & Workshops
- Management of post-prostatectomy prostato-rectal fistula
- Conservative management of SUI with periurethral injection of autologous fat.
- Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis – Management & review of literature
- Detrusor hyperreflexia in BPH
- Fungal infection of kidney-poster
- Percutaneous nephrostomy for prediction of individual renal function
- FNAC of testis in evaluation & management of infertility
- Urodynamic studies in PU Valves
- Cytohistomorphology of prostatic lesions-FNAC & Scrape methods. Indian Journal of Cancer..1994; vol.31:185-191
- Medical management of BPH. Journal of Applied Medicine. July 1997.553-561
- Urodynamics in stress urinary incontinence. Biomed June 1997. 8-11
- Squamous cell carcinoma associated with xanthogranulomatus pyelonephritis Bombay Hospital Journal.1997: vol 39, No.4
- xanthogranulomatus pyelonephritis- An unusual presentation Indian Journal of urology. Vol 15. No.2 March 1999
- FNAC of testis in diagnosis & management of infertility. British Journal of Urology 1999:84;485-488
- Urodynamics assessment of patients with posterior urethral valves. Indian Journal of Urology.1999:16:37-41
- Urinary bladder with a calculus – As content of an hernial sac-A rare presentation. Indian Journal of Urology. 1999;16:50
- Transitional cell carcinoma of pelvis associated with primary uretero-pelvic junction obstruction. Indian Journal of Urology.1999;16:152
- Martius procedure revisited for urethrovaginal fistula. Indian Journal of Urology.2000;17:16-19.
- Penile gangrene-unusual presentation of penile tuberculosis. Indian Journal of Urology.2000;17:51
- Role of Martius procedure in the management of urinary vaginal fistula. American Journal of Surgery
- Bladder preservation in Adult classical Exstrophy. Urology
Dismembered pyeloplasty-Modified technique. Techniques in Urology
AWARD & HONORS
- Societies Internationale De’Urologie (S.I.U) Scholarship for the year 1999 was visiting scholar in Paediatric Urology at Montreal Children’s Hospital 7 Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Certificate for appreciation by Government of Maharashtra for Cadaver Transplantation