Call direct appointment number
South Mumbai - Mumbai Central
MD(Med) FICA, FICP, ADHA (Hosp Adm)
Dr. Ashit Bhagwati’s skills have helped make a significant difference to patients’ health. Apart from a post-graduation in Medicine, he has gone on to work as an instructor in BLS and ACLS for the American Heart Association in India and even gone on to receive Advanced Training in Critical Care Medicine at the Boston Medical University School, Boston, USA. He has had wide expertise in management of critically ill medical and surgical patients and is an active member of the Hospital Infection Control team, Hospital Medical Research Ethics Committee and Hospital Drug Committee at Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr Bhagwati’s skills are important for Wockhardt Hospitals South Mumbai to make a significant difference to lives.
• Hospital Infection Control
• Critical Care Medicine and General Medicine
• Former Instructor for courses conducted by American Heart Association in BLS/ACLS in India.
• PGDEMS course and PG and UG students in Medicine at Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals.
• Postgraduate professor for two year in Fellowship Course in Critical Care Medicine at Bhatia Hospital from 1998 till January 2006.
• Lecturer in Nursing Management in Critical Care Unit for Nursing Staffs of ICCU / ICU.
• Past postgraduate examiner in Internal Medicine – University of Seychelles American Institute of Medicine (USAIM).
• DNB (Med) Coordinator at Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai.
• Postgraduate Professor for DNB(Med) at Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai.
• Association of Physician of India.
• Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine.
• Indian Federation of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology.
• Hypertension Society of India.
• Association of Medical Consultants (Mumbai).
• Indian Medical Association.
• Indian Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition.
• Cardiological Society of India.
• European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
• Infectious Disease Society of America.
Research and publications
• BIOMARKERS IN SEPSIS. Medicine Update Book-2014, APICON 2014
• EMERGING BIOMARKERS OF ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY, Medicine Update Book-2013, APICON 2013
• ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE: NEED FOR RATIONALE USE, editorial, Journal of Association of India(JAPI) April 2012, Vol 60, pg 9
• PERIPARTUM CARDIOMYOPATHY IN AN ELDERLY PATIENT WITH IN-VITRO FERTILAZATION PREGNANCY. Case Report, Journal of Association of Physicians of India, (JAPI), April 2012, Vol 60, pgs 72-74
• STATINS IN CRITICAL CARE. (Medicine Update Book-2012, APICON-2012)
• ACUTE RESPIRATORY FAILURE, CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION, (API Text Book of Medicine- Edition 9th – 2012)
• PNEUMONIA IN ELDERLY (CME Book – APICON 2011)
• FALCIPARUM MALARIA IN ICU(APICON—Update Book—2010)
• GUIDELINES FOR ANTIBIOTIC USAGE IN COMMON SITUATION, Journal of the Association of Physicians of India (JAPI) Supplement issue Dec2010 Vol 58 pgs 49-50
• METABOLIC ABNORMALITIES IN CRITICALLY ILL (APICON -- Update Book – 2008)
• ACUTE RESPIRATORY FAILURE. (Text of API - Edition 8th – 2008)
• NON INVASIVE VENTILATION (APICON—Update Book – 2007)
• HYPONATREMIA – STEPWISE APPROACH FOR DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT (APICON – Update Book – 2005
• FLUID THERAPY IN SHOCK
• MANAGEMENT OF 30% OR MORE BURNS IN THE 1st WEEK IN THE ICU. (CME BOOK 2003. 9th Annual Conference Of ISCCM)
• BASIC NEEDS OF AN ICU AND ALGORITHM OF MANAGEMENT (APICON- Update Book-Vol-13, 2003)
• ACUTE RESPIRATORY FAILURE (Text of API - Edition 7th - 2003)
• Nutrition in critical illness
• PEEP AND COMPLICATIONS OF PEEP
• OXYGEN THERAPY (APICON – Update Book - 2002)
• Indian Guidelines Management of Hypertension – 2001 (Member - Review Committee)
• Recent Advancement in Ventilatory Management (APICON - Update Book – 2001)
• SIRS (APICON - CME Book – 1999)
• JOURNAL OF HYPERTENSION; January/March 1992
• American Heart Association: Instructor for BLS and ACLS.
• Advanced Diploma in Hospital Administration, Correspondence Course in Hospital Administration, Chennai.
• Advance Training in Critical Care Medicine at Boston Medical University School, Boston, USA.
• Post-Graduate & Under-Graduate Medical Education at Grant Medical College, Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai.
• Wide expertise in management of critically ill medical and surgical patients.
• Active member of Hospital Infection control team, Hospital Medical Research Ethics Committee and Hospital Drug Committee at Bhatia Hospital.
Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai A New Age Hospital 1877, Dr.Anand Rao Nair Road, Near Agripada Police Station, Mumbai Central (E), Mumbai- 400 011