Dr. Akash Shukla
MD, DM Gastroenterology
Advisor Consultant - Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Dr. Akash Shukla vast experience in Gastroenterology is crucial to Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai.
Other Academic Positions:
- Proffessor (Aditional) Department of Gastroenterology at KEM Hospital Parel.
- Consultant Transplant Hepatologist, Global Hospitals, Parel
- Former Visiting Honorory Consultant Hepatologist, Tata Memorial Hospital
Research & Publications:
- Invited Member: VALDIG(Vascular diseases of liver) consortium: European association for liver diseases
- Invited member: I-care Indian national association for liver diseases task force group for acute on chronic liver failure
- Chairperson, Liver sub-committee, ZTCC
- He has been teaching students at various levels: undergraduates, residents, gastroenterology fellows
- Teaching and spreading awareness about GI and liver disorders among general practitioners, physicians and surgeons
Patient Care Initiatives:
- Dr. Shukla has over 25 publications in national and international journals. He has contributed chapters in various textbooks
- He has won awards for research 3 times at national conferences
- Dr. Shukla has been an active participant in workshop and organ donation awarnesses camps.
- Started and Manages dedicated OPD for Budd chiari syndrome, auto-immune hepatitis, Hepatitis C and Wilson disease
• M.B.B.S. from Seth GS college & KEM Hospital, Mumbai
• M.D. (Medicine) from TNMC & BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai
• DM (Gastroentrology) from Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hopital, Mumbai