Dr. Ansari Waqar Ahmed Naseer Ahmed
M.S., M.R.C.S.Ed (U.K), D.N.B., F.C.P.S., M.N.A.M.S (India), F.M.A.S., F.I.A.G.E.S., FACRSI, FICS, F.A.L.S
Consultant surgeon (General surgery)
- Currently unit in charge as Honorary Associate Professor and consultant surgeon (General surgery) at Grant medical college , Sir J J group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- Worked as an Assistant Professor and consultant surgeon (General surgery) at the College of Medicine & Medical sciences, Abha, K.S.A. and Asir Central Hospital, Saudi Arabia.
- Held an Assistant professor in General Surgery position at J.J. hospital in the unit headed by Dr B.M. Subnis, Dean of the college and Professor and HOD of Surgery.
- Enriching 11 years of teaching both undergraduate and post graduate students in surgery. Engaging them in bedside clinics, tutorials, seminars, case presentations and surgeries in the OT.
- Conducted tutorial classes for undergraduate medical students and training and supervising post graduate resident doctors in hospital duties, patient management and surgical procedures.
- Supervising resident doctors in performing surgical procedures.
- Distinction holder in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology and General Surgery.
- Obtained “Dr Jitendra Kumar Kar Gold Medal” and “The J.C.Lisboa Gold medal” for securing the highest marks in surgery at the M.B.B.S. degree examination.
- Obtained the ‘’Dr L. R. Patel prize (gold medal)” and the “Dr S. M. Sane prize (gold medal)” for standing first in F.C.P.S. (General Surgery) examination.
Research and Publications:
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences ,New Delhi ,India
- Fellow of Minimal Access Surgeons
- Fellow of Indian Association of Gastro Intestinal Endo Surgeons
- Fellow of Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India
- Fellow of international college of surgeons
- Advanced laparoscopy course
- He has numerous publications in journals to his name. He has participated at many conferences and CMEs.
• M.B.B.S. and M.S. (General Surgery) from University of Mumbai
• F.C.P.S.(General surgery): College of physicians and surgeons of Bombay
• D.N.B. (General surgery): National Board of Examinations, Ministry of health &Family Welfare,Delhi
• M.R.C.S.Ed (U.K.) : Royal College Of Surgeons Edinburgh
• Abdominal hernias and thyroid goitre’s.
• Laparotomies for Gastrointestinal procedures including infective abdominal conditions.
• Hepatobiliary surgeries like cholecystectomies, CBD explorations and management of biliary tract injuries.
• Surgery for malignancies: breast, soft tissue, gastrointestinal and pancreatic.
• Diagnostic and therapeutic laproscopic and thoracoscopic procedures.