Call direct appointment number
M.D.(Paediatrics), FAAP (Fellow of American Academy of Paediatrics) New York Medical College, USA.
Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist
Dr Lalit Verma has received his medical training from all across the globe. He is an American board certified Paediatrician, who completed his training from prestigious New York Medical College (USA). Following this he worked as a consultant at St Luke’s Roosevelt hospital (an affiliate of Columbia University) New York.
Later he joined residency/ fellowship training in Paediatric gastroenterology and hepatology at University of Alberta (Canada) which is the 2nd largest liver transplant and gastroenterology centre in Canada. He has performed over 700 endoscopies and interventional procedures in gastro-intestinal and liver disorders.
1.) My baby could have bleed and not survived after swallowing pin, if it was not for the medical treatment we received from Wockhardt Hospital doctors. They saved her life. Click here
Dr Lalit Verma - Paediatric Gastroenterologist
My baby could have bleed and not survived after swallowing pin, if it was not for the medical treatment we received from Wockhardt Hospital doctors. They saved her life.
"My baby started crying and refused to drink milk, I took her to my local paediatrician and we did a chest x-ray. The doctor showed me that a safety pin was stuck in her throat and it needed to be removed surgically otherwise she would bleed profusely. I rushed her to Wockhardt Hospital, immediately the doctors took charge of my child and Dr Neepa, an ENT surgeon looked into my case. She attempted to remove the pin but it got lodged further in her throat. The doctors did not want to take any risks so Dr Lalit Verma a paediatric gastroenterologist at the hospital decided to remove the pin endoscopically. The surgery took an hour, but it was without any complications. Thereafter she was observed in the ward. Dr Lalit Verma explained to us the disaster that had been averted if they had not removed the pin in time. We are grateful to doctors at Wockhardt Hospital for their quick decision and immediate medical attention in attending to our child."
• CCT/ CCST (Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology), University of Alberta, Canada
• M.D.(Paediatrics), FAAP (Fellow of American Academy of Paediatrics) New York Medical College, USA.
• M.D. (OSMU) and KEM Hospital (Internship)
• Feeding and eating disorders in neonates, infants and adolescents
• Managing babies with failure to thrive and poor weight gain
• Neonatal and childhood achalasia
• Acute and Chronic constipation
• Upper and lower GI bleeding (sclerotherapy, banding, clip and polypectomy)
• Eosinophilic / allergic esophagitis, esophageal and gastric motility disorders
• Removal of foreign body from GI tract using endoscopy
• Gastritis, gastro-esophageal reflux disease
• Celiac disease/ gluten (wheat) sensitivity, duplication cyst, short bowel syndrome
• Irritable bowel disease
• Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s and Ulcerative colitis)
• Diagnosis and management of various liver diseases
• Pre and post- liver transplant (living related and cadaveric)
Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai A New Age Hospital 1877, Dr.Anand Rao Nair Road, Near Agripada Police Station, Mumbai Central (E), Mumbai- 400 011