Dr. Nagad Premik Bhupendra
MBBS, D.Ortho, DNB-Ortho
Consultant Spine Surgeon
I have been fortunate to be trained in Spine Surgery by two of the most renowned Spine Surgeons and teachers - Dr Abhay Nene and Dr Shekhar Bhojraj. Under their guidance and mentor ship my basics and advanced spine surgery skill have become stronger and more polished. I have learned from them the way to handle a patient as well as how to make the best decision in the interest of the patient. My objective is to now take these skills learned from them to newer heights for the benefit of patients who have spinal ailments which may require spine surgery or could be handled without a surgery as well. Being competent and confident to do complex spinal surgeries which range from the conventional open surgeries to the newer advanced micro and minimally invasive surgeries for all types of spinal ailments, I would be able to help pts with my knowledge and skills.
Experiences and Fellowships
- Aug / Sept 2015 : Advanced Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery At Rush University Medical Centre, CHICAGO, IL, USA.
- Sept 2012 - Sept 2015: Associate Spine Surgeon with Dr S Y Bhojraj.
- Mar 2011 – July 2011 : SpineSmith International Spine Surgery Fellowship San Antonio / Bryan-College Station, Texas, USA.
- Oct / Nov 2013 : ASSI Inland Traveling Fellowship – Park Clinic, Kolkata with Dr Saumyajit Basu AIIMS, New Delhi with Prof Arvind Jayaswal ISIC, New Delhi with Dr H Chabbra
Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi with Dr Shankar Acharya
- July 2011 – Aug 2012 : Spine Research Associate - P D Hinduja Hospital & MRC, Mumbai.
- Aug 2010 – Feb 2011 : Advanced Spine Fellowship.P D Hinduja Hospital & MRC, Mumbai
- Feb 2010 – July 2010 : Association of Spine Surgeons of India, National Fellowship.(Was the in-charge of the Tuberculosis spine cases registry)SPINE UNIT- P D HINDUJA HOSPITAL MUMBAI
- Feb 2009 – Jan 2010 : Research fellowship in Spine P D Hinduja Hospital & MRC, Mumbai
- Aug 2008 – Jan 2009 : Observer ship in Spine Surgery under Dr Abhay Nene P D Hinduja Hospital & MRC, Mumbai
- Minimally invasive spine surgery,
- Advanced Reconstructive spine surgery,
- Spinal Tumors / Infections.
- Complex Degenerative spine surgery.
Publications : (International/National)
- ASSOCIATION OF SPINE SURGEONS OF INDIA (ASSI) – Co-opted member (Social Wing)
- INDIAN ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION (IOA)
- BOMBAY ORTHOPAEDIC SOCIETY (BOS)
- TRAUMA LIFE SUPPORT SOCIETY OF INDIA
- Surgical patterns in osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures - Eur Spine J - DOI 10.1007/s00586-012-2508-4.
- "Post Vertebroplasty Instability – Report of 5 cases" – Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine.DOI: 10.3171/2011.12.SPINE11671
- "Role of Low cost Indian implants in our practice – Our experience with 1572 pedicle screws" – European Spine Journal. DOI 10.1007/s00586-011-1914-3
- Written a chapter – "TB Spine – Microbiology & Pathology" in ASSI Textbook of Spine.
- "Outcome of single level instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion using corticocancellous laminectomy bone chips" – Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. DOI:10.4103/0019-5413.87117.
- "Drug resistance pattern in 111 cases of drug resistant tuberculosis spine" - European Spine Journal. DOI:10.1007/s00586-012-2154-x
- MISSICON 2015 - Mumbai - Spondylolisthesis - Definition and Classification
- ASSICON 2013
- ASSICON 2011 – Efficacy of CT- Guided Biopsy in Spinal Lesions.
- ISCOS 2010 – Peri operative adverse events in 900 consecutive spine surgeries by a single surgeon.
- ICS 2010 – Peri operative adverse events in 900 consecutive spine surgeries by a single surgeon.
- ASSICON 2010 – Morbidity and Mortality of spine surgery in elderly pts.
- WIROC 2009 – Vertebroplasty – Happily ever after? Delayed complications of Vertebroplasty.
- Won the best paper presentation at the annual research meet of P D Hinduja hospital for Vertebroplasty – Happily ever after? Delayed complications of Vertebroplasty.
CME's Conducted / Organized
- MISSICON 2015 - Mumbai - Faculty - Speaker
- ASSICON 2015 - Pune - Faculty for LCS session
- Meet the Masters - Chennai - Aug 2014
- ICS Udaipur - Aug 2014
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Workshop - May 2014 - Mumbai
- SRS & ASSICON 2014 - Kolkata
- WIROC 2013 - Spine Surgery Live Demo - Coordinator
- ICS 2013 – Kodai – Moderator for break away session
- Ganga Operative Course 2013, Coimbatore
- ASSICON 2013, Kochi
- WIROC 2012, Mumbai
- Cadaveric Workshop on Minimally invasive TLIF and Pedicle screw fixation, Chula Lab, Bangkok.
- ASSICON 2012, New Delhi
- WIROC 2011, Mumbai
- AO Spine Masters Symposium, Mumbai.
- Cadaveric workshop on C1C2 fixation, cervical laminoplasty and cervical lateral mass screw fixation by Prof. Futoshi Suetsuna at VS Hospital and NHL municipal medical college, Ahmadabad.
- Cadaveric workshop at Depuy World headquarters, Raynham, MA, USA.
- Cadaveric workshop on AxiaLIF – Houston, Texas, USA.
- Cadaveric Workshop on cervical pedicle Screw fixation by Prof Abumi – BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- ASSICON 2011, Mumbai – Faculty
- WIROC 2010, Mumbai
- ISCoS 2010, New Delhi
- AO Spine Principle course 2010, New Delhi
- ICS 2010, Mysore
- ASSICON 2010, Nagpur
- WIROC 2009, Mumbai
- KOACON 2008, Calicut
- IOACON 2006, Agra
Social Service work
- Basic Spine Workshop, Pune
- Advanced Deformity Live Surgical Seminar, V N Desai Municipal Hospital, Santacruz, Mumbai – November 2013
- Scoliosis Workshop, Govt Medical College, Goa – October 2013
- Live surgical demo – “Minimally invasive Lumbar Spine Surgery – The power of thinking Small – A live Surgical Demo – AxiaLIF & MIS TLIF” – by Dr Mukund Gundanna, Texas, USA – July 2009
- "Management Issues in Spinal Trauma – Show Me The Evidence!!" – by Dr. Rajiv Sethi, Associate Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon, Spinal Deformity and Complex Reconstruction, Department of Neurosurgery, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA. – December 2009
- Live Surgical demo – "Advances in Fusion Techniques in Spine Surgery - Stem Cells for fusion in a case of TLIF" – by Dr Mukund Gundanna, Texas, USA – Jan 2010
- Live surgical demo – “From Fusion to Motion Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement” by Dr Paul Thng, Sr Consultant, Changi General Hospital, Singapore – Feb 2010
- Live surgical demo – “Cervical Disc Replacement – ‘Ceramic on Ceramic’” – by Prof. Aymen Ramadan, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Spine and Joint camp - CSSC - Sept 2015
- Spine Camp - Surgery + OPD - Gadchiroli, Maharastra - Aug 2013
- Spine Camp - Surgery + OPD - Gadchiroli, Maharastra - Nov 2013
- Spine Camp - OPD - Parmarth Ashram, Uttarakhand - Feb 2014
- Spine Camp - OPD - Rajgurunagar, Maharastra - Sept 2014
- Spine Camp - Surgery + OPD - Gadchiroli, Maharastra - Apr 2014
- Spine Camp - Surgery + OPD - Parmarth Ashram / Nirmal Ashram, Uttarakhand - Apr 2014
- Spine Camp - Surgery + OPD - Parmarth Ashram / Nirmal Ashram, Uttarakhand - Sept 2014
- Spine Camp - OPD - Jankikund Chikitsalaya, Shri Sadguru Seva Sangh Trust, Chitrakut, MP - Nov 2014
- Spine Camp - Surgery + OPD - Gadchiroli, Maharastra - Nov 2014
- Spine Camp - Surgery + OPD - Gadchiroli, Maharastra - Apr 2015
- 2006 – 2008: DNB – Orthopaedics
Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Thiruvalla, Kerala.
- 2004 – 2006 : Diploma in Orthopaedics
BLDEA’s Shri B M Patil Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- 1996 – 2002 : MBBS
BLDEA’s Shri B M Patil Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Medical Registration no & date:
63398 :22-08-2002, Karnataka Medical Council.
- 2012/06/1659 :12-06-2012, Maharashtra Medical Council.