Dr. Nilen Shah
M.B.B.S., D. Orth., M.S. Orth., M.Ch. Orth. (U.K.)
Consultant – Orthopaedics
Dr. Nilen Shah has achieved critical acclaim for his special approach of operations and has been invited to various conferences in different parts of India and abroad. He is active in research and regularly has papers and presentations in various regional, national and inter-national conferences to his credit. Dr. Shah has worked as a Clinical and Research Knee Fellow at Bristol with 2 eminent Knee Surgeons, Mr. Chris Ackroyd and Mr. John Newman where he gained immense hands-on experience in all aspects of knee surgery. Currently Dr. Shah is a Consultant Orthopaedic and Knee Replacement Surgery at various esteemed Hospitals in Mumbai .
Research and Publications:
- Dr. Nilen Shah has received many awards like Dr. Hiranandani Entrance Prize for the highest marks amongst the new entrants at the TNMC, Bombay, Second Prize in the annual Competitive Leprosy Examination held in August 1985,Bombay University Merit Scholarship for the degree of M.S., for standing First at Master of Surgery at the University of Bombay, the Dr. Deepak L. Kothari Gold Medal and Dr. M.V. Sant Prize and 1st prize in Inaugural Indian Hip and Knee surgeons meeting in 2007 on subvastus technique in Knee Replacement.
- “Randomised comparison between adductor canal block and Femoral Nerve block post Total knee Arthroplasty” - Journal of Arthroplasty (Nov. 2014)
- "Comparison between selective femoral navigation and jig based intra-meduallry femoral instrumentation in restoring mechanical axis post TKA" - accepted for publication in the Journal of Arthroplasty
- Article: "Strategies to reduce blood loss in TKA"
- Working on various papers like "Use of different anti-thrombotic agents used for preventing DVT"," Quanitification of morbidity associated with TKA", "Use of a dissolvable calcium sulphate pellet (Stimulan) as a carrier of antibiotics in TKR patients".
- M.B.B.S. – TNMC – 1986
- Diploma in Orthopaedics – 1990
- M. S. – TNMC, Mumbai University (Gold Medalist) – 1991
- Training in ODTS – Royal College of Surgeons of England
- M.Ch. (Orth.) – University of Liverpool, 1996
- High quality knee replacements
- Minimally invasive joint replacement surgery
Awards & Honors
- Pioneered the use of minimally invasive techniques for knee replacements and has
- performed more than 5000 mini-subvastus knee replacements
- Attended the A T L S course organized by the Royal College of Surgeons
- RCS certified ATLS provider
- Reviewer of the Indian Journal of Orthopedics and the British Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery