Dr. Paresh Rajanikant Pai
MS (Vascular Surgeon)
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
- Has a fulfilling 12 years of practice as a Consultant Vascular Surgeon at leading Mumbai hospitals such as the Bombay Hospital, Sir Hurkisondas Nurottamdas Hospital, Bhatia General Hospital, S.L. Raheja Hospital, Lilavati Hospital and Global Hospital.
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon at Westmead Hospital, Sydney (a tertiary, teaching hospital) with a conjoint position as a Lecturer in Surgery at the University of Sydney.
- Ran the leg ulcer clinic at Westmead hospital which provided a vital service to patients with non-healing limb ulcers.
- He has trained for three years as a vascular surgeon at various big centres in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide).
Some of the research and publications to his credit are:
- Has performed over a 500 vascular bypass operations successfully for limb salvage
- Nearly 300 operations for cleaning of the carotid arteries for prevention of strokes.
- Hundreds of cases of varicose veins.
- Received Best paper award at the Conference of the Maharashtra chapter of Association of Surgeons of India, Pune, May 2001 for Subfascial Endoscopic Perforator Surgery – A Preliminary Indian Experience.
- Extra-pancreatic Gastrinoma – A Case report Pai PR, Shahani RB, Shah HK, Dalvi AN, Samsi AB, J Postgrad Med 1992; 38(4):210-11.
- Post-partum Pancreatitis – A Case report Pai PR, Samsi AB, Shah HK., J Postgrad Med 1993; 39(2):93-4.
- Post-traumatic Hemobilia – A Case report Pai PR, Deshmukh H, Bapat RD et al, Hepatogastroenterology 1993; 40(Supplement 1):43-6.
- Surgery for thyroid goiters in Western India: A Prospective study of 334 consecutive cases. Pai PR, Bapat RD, Shah SM, Bhandarkar SD, Postgrad Med. 1993; 39(4): 202-4.
- Intraperitoneal abscesses: diagnostic dilemmas and therapeutic options. Pai PR, Supe AN, Bapat RD, Samsi AB, Indian J Gastroenterol. 1995 Jan;14(1):3-7.
- Leiomyosarcoma of the Duodenum – A Case Report Pai PR, Mohite JD, Bapat RD, Vora IM, Joshi AS, Indian J Gastroenterol. 1995 Jan;14(1):34-5.
- Subfascial Endoscopic Perforator Surgery – A Preliminary Indian Experience Pai PR, Bhandarkar DS. Indian J Surg. 2002; 64(3): 271-4.
- Endoscopic balloon dissector for SEPS Pai PR, Bhandarkar DS, Eur J Vasc and Endovasc Surg
He has made multiple presentations at conferences and meeting across the globe, here are to name a few:
- Therapeutic Options in Intraperitoneal Abscess at the 15th Annual Conference of Maharashtra State Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India, Mumbai.
- Surgery for thyroid goiters in Western India – A Prospective study of 334 cases at the Conference of the Indian Chapter of the International College of Surgeons, Bangalore. November 1993.
- Role of Endovascular Surgery in the Management of Symptomatic short occlusion of the Superficial Femoral and Popliteal Artery at Meeting of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne, May 1996.
- Changing Trends in Carotid Endarterectomy.
Poster presentation at the Meeting of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Sydney, May 1998.
Conference of the Cardiovascular Surgeons of India, Bhopal, February 1999.
Conference of the Vascular Surgeons of India, Hyderabad, November 1999.
• Dr Pai completed his entire undergraduate and postgraduate training at the King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai where he also resided as a registrar.
• He was an observer in GI Oncosurgery at Tata Memorial Hospital. He then worked as a Lecturer in Surgery at the B.Y. L. Nair Hospital and K.E.M. Hospital for three years.
• He undertook a Certificate of Completion of Training in Vascular Surgery from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Wide expertise in specialised areas like:
• Management of cerebrovascular disease
• Distal small vessel reconstruction in atherosclerotic and diabetic limbs, venous thromboembolic disease and endoluminal treatment of aortic aneurysms