Heart disease is any condition that affects the structure or function of the heart. High blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease. About half of Indians have at least one of these three risk factors.
The human heart is an organ that pumps blood throughout the body via the circulatory system, supplying oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and removing carbon dioxide and other wastes.
The heart has four chambers. The upper two chambers are called the atria, whereas the lower two chambers are known as the ventricles. The right atrium and right ventricle are referred to as the right heart, whereas the left atrium and left ventricle are referred to as the left heart. The various chambers of the heart are separated by partitions, each of which is called a septum.
Heart disease is the number one killer in the world. It is also a major cause of disability. There are many different forms of heart disease. The most common cause of heart disease is narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries, the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart itself. This is called coronary artery disease and happens slowly over time. It’s the major reason people have heart attacks.
Other kinds of heart problems may happen to the valves in the heart, or the heart may not pump well and cause heart failure.
Cardiology and Cardiovascular surgery at Wockhardt Hospitals specialize in advanced diagnosis and treatment procedures for cardiac diseases and conditions.
With an integrated healthcare approach and a dedicated panel of highly experienced Cardiac Surgeons and Cardiologists, we aim to deliver comprehensive care to patients suffering from heart ailments.
Our cardiac science team specializes in the use of new and advanced diagnostic procedures to understand the complications of cardiac disease and conditions.
At Wockhardt Hospitals we have a comprehensive Cardiac care program that is an amalgamation of eminent cardiologists, the finest technology, and evidence-based practices in treating patients. Our expertise in cardiac care helps us in caring for patients with heart disease by providing complete all-around care. From diagnosis, prevention, treatment, surgical care to cardiac rehabilitation and wellness services, we look after your heart completely.
Core areas of Specialty:
- Non-invasive Cardiology,
- Interventional Cardiology, and
- Cardiac Electro Physiology and
- CTVS procedures.
- Pediatric Cardiology
1) Coronary artery and vascular disease are due to hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis). Coronary artery disease happens when the arteries in your heart are narrowed or blocked. It’s the most common kind of heart disease and causes most heart attacks as well as angina (chest pain). Vascular disease is problems in other blood vessels which reduce blood flow and affect the function of your heart.
2)Heart rhythm disorders: Arrhythmias cause the heart to beat too slowly, too quickly, or in a disorganized fashion. Heart rhythm disorders disrupt blood flow. There are many types of arrhythmias – some have no symptoms or warning signs; others can be sudden and fatal.
3) Structural heart disease refers to abnormalities of the heart’s structure – including its valves, walls, muscles, or blood vessels near the heart. It can be present at birth (congenital) or acquired after birth through infection, wear and tear, or other factors.
4) Heart failure: Heart failure is a serious condition that develops after the heart becomes damaged or weakened. The two most common causes of heart failure are heart attack and high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure-Hypertension
- High cholesterol levels
- High blood pressure during pregnancy
- Coronary artery disease
- Drug abuse
- Excessive use of alcohol or caffeine
- Heart defects you’re born with (congenital heart defects)
- High blood pressure
- Some over-the-counter medications, prescription medications, dietary supplements, and herbal remedies
- Valvular heart disease
Coronary artery disease symptoms may be different for men and women.
- Chest pain, chest tightness, chest pressure, and chest discomfort
- Shortness of breath
- Pain, numbness, weakness, or coldness in your legs or arms if the blood vessels in those parts of your body are narrowed
- Pain in the neck, jaw, throat, upper abdomen, or back
- Fluttering in your chest
- Racing heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Slow heartbeat (bradycardia)
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Shortness of breath
- Fainting (syncope) or near fainting
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swollen feet or ankles
- Chest pain
- Fainting (syncope)
Cardiology (Cath Procedures) – Non-Interventional
- Coronary Angioplasties and Primary Angioplasties
- Chronic total occlusion intervention
- Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty( BMV), Balloon pulmonary aortic / Valvuloplasty
- Pacemaker Implantation
- ICD Implantation
- Biventricular Pacing
- Device Closure of ASD / PDA / VSD
- EP Study and Radiofrequency Ablation
- Rota Ablation
- FFR & IVUS
- CABG ( Coronary Artery Bypass grafting) mostly done nowadays on Beating Heart
- For Severe Triple vessel disease, left main coronary artery stenosis, and failed angioplasties
- Combined CABG with Valve replacement surgeries
- Valve Replacement Surgeries including isolated Aortic / Mitral Valve replacement or Double Valve replacement.
- Complex Adult cardiac Surgeries
- Bentall Surgery for Aortic Dissection, Aortic Aneurysm
- Pericardiectomy for severe constrictive pericarditis
- Post myocardial infarction VSD Repair.
- Pulmonary Endarterectomy
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
All kinds of Simple and Complex Surgical procedures are done here. To name a few
- ASD / VSD Closure
- TOF Repair
- PDA Ligation
- Shunt Surgeries
- Thoracic Surgeries
- Lobectomy for Carcinoma lung, Post TB Complications
- Mediastinal tumors excision
- Vascular Surgeries
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgeries
- Ileo Femoral / Aortofemoral bypass
- Emergency embolectomy surgeries
- Minimally invasive surgeries
- Our ultra-modern Cardiac related medical facilities, handled by renowned Cardiologists, Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and Anesthetists offer heart care services across the spectrum of adult and congenital heart care, electrophysiology, non-coronary, and peripheral vascular diseases, and device therapies.
- Our 24 X 7 Emergency Services of the Hospitals equipped with life-saving backup medical facilities such as cardiac ambulance, life-saving devices, and a proficient Emergency team of Trained Doctors and Nurses.
- Our Intensive Coronary Care Units (ICUs) are managed and monitored round-the-clock by critical care specialists and intensivists, supported by highly trained paramedical and nursing teams.
- Sophisticated operation theatres, experienced operating theatre staff, dedicated cardiac wards, and intensive care units ensuring the highest levels of care at all times of the patient journey hospital.
- Comprehensive, state-of-the-art heart Invasive and Non-invasive Diagnostic Evaluation and Testing Including cardiac imaging makes a leading provider of cardiac care.
- Critical care beds for comprehensive intensive care and Round-the-clock availability of qualified and experienced doctors
- High-end the Digital flat panel Cardiac Catheterization Lab performs various cardiac interventional procedures successfully such as coronary angiography, angioplasty, PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) angiography, balloon sept ostomy, and an Electrophysiology study or Catheter ablation, to name a few
- Cutting Edge technology in terms of a 64 Slice CT Scan and 5 Tesla MRI
- Management and evaluation of Chest Pain and emergency management 24*7 365 days
- Preventive care programs as a guide to profiling your health parameters, various significant indicators like medical tests and consultations.
With state-of-the-art technology and super-specialty facilities, we provide high-quality medical care to patients.
Wockhardt Hospital is equipped with a state of operating specialized cardiac surgeries housing the latest equipment and monitoring devices necessary to perform percutaneous valve surgeries, complex, hybrid aortic aneurysm interventions, and minimally invasive cardiac operations.
We also have the latest Cath Lab for performing complex cardiac invasive procedures.
The centers are supported with the latest equipment in providing advanced procedures such as MICS (Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery), IVUS (Intravascular Ultrasound), and Valvular Surgeries.