As a leading provider of healthcare services for women, at WH we offer experienced and respected Obstetrics and Gynecology (O&G) specialists as well we have trained doctors to treat various other women-related disorders including common cancer conditions breast, cervical to hormonal treatments, and even osteoporosis.
Women’s health is one of the most important parameters which reflect the standard of the health care system of a society. Health is a complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of a disease or infirmity.
Our centers in Wockhardt Hospital, offer an entire gamut of services that a woman might require throughout her life. Our Centre for Mother and Child, offers services from conception, through to pre-pregnancy care and world-class specialists to help you deliver your child. Our world-class NICUs and PICUs along with specially trained pediatricians help you with your growing child’s needs. Our Bone and Joint and Cancer offer women of all ages the services they need to ensure that they are in the best of health.
• Well women health screening
• Prenatal, antenatal and postnatal pregnancy, and baby care
• Urinary incontinence management
• Common gynecological conditions e.g. uterine fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, adhesions.
• Gynaec cancer management in cancer ovarian and uterine
• Infertility workup
• Fertility treatment and Family planning
• Menstrual related disorders e.g. heavy menstrual bleeding
• Minimal Invasive operations inclusive of laparoscopic surgery
• Management of Menopause
• Infertility workup and Fertility treatment
• Family planning
• Hormonal imbalance assessment including thyroid, reproductive hormones.
• Menstrual related disorders e.g. heavy menstrual bleeding and irregularities
• Minimal Invasive operations for hysterectomies prolapse of uterus and fibroids
• Vitamin D and calcium deficiencies and Osteoporosis
• Management of Menopause
• Treatment of uterine and cervical infections
• Breast cancer for benign, advanced stage, and reconstructive surgery.
• Mental health in women for depression and post-traumatic disorders
• Management of heart disease and diabetes mellites.
• Major risks to women’s health include heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, and depression.
• Women are more likely than men to be diagnosed with stress and depression. Eating disorders are very commonly seen.
• STDs, reproductive issues, and birth control methods affect women’s sexual health.
• Osteoarthritis, the leading cause of disability in effects more women than men.
• Women are more than twice as likely as men to have a UTI
• Women usually have a lower risk for high blood pressure than men until age 45, the sexes have about the same risk from 45-65, and women have a higher risk for high blood pressure after
• Metabolic syndrome causes high blood pressure, high glucose levels, abnormal lipid levels, and increased waist size. Women with metabolic syndrome have a higher risk for heart attack and stroke.
• Osteoporosis, a disease that causes bones to weaken. It affects older women the most, causing their bones to break more easily. The hip, spine, and wrist are most susceptible to fractures or breaks in those with osteoporosis.
• Common cancer includes breast, ovaria uterine cervical oral, and anal.
• Hormonal imbalances in the pituitary and thyroid gland are common issues in women.
Reproductive Health and Gynecology services at Wockhardt Hospital involve managing the mother’s right from conception to safe delivery of her baby. While the Gynecology Department involves in the female reproductive system, treating a wide range of conditions, including sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and chronic pain.
At Wockhardt Hospitals, we offer comprehensive services for the reproductive health and gynecological needs of women. Being a tertiary care center, patients are referred from all over with a fascinating array of obstetric and gynecological conditions.
To provide a wide range of procedures like cesarean sections, instrumental delivery during childbirth, hysterectomy, removing growths, such as ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids, and surgery to repair pelvic organ injuries.
To evaluate and manage recurrent miscarriages, screening, and management of preterm labor and PPROM, management of critically ill obstetric patients
Handling complicated pregnancy issues like maternal disorders like hypertension and diabetes.
• Pre-conceptional counseling.
• Routine Antenatal care.
• Parentcraft classes designed for mothers and fathers in preparing for the task ahead, both physically and psychologically.
• Emergency & Critical care backup for high-risk pregnancies like diabetes in pregnancy, hypertension in pregnancy, and other medical disorders in pregnancy.
• 24×7 availability of Gynecologist and Anesthetists for a painless natural delivery.
• Advanced Labor Room facilities.
• Special care for sick and premature babies.
• High-end Neonatal intensive care.
• Internationally accepted infection control protocols for patient care.
• Laparoscopic Surgery for conditions like – Uterine fibroid, ovarian cyst, Adenomyosis, Uterine prolapse, Ectopic pregnancy, etc.
• Hysteroscopic procedures and surgeries.
• Gynecological Oncosurgeries: Treatment of genital cancers like those of uterus, cervix, vagina, vulva, and ovaries is done in coordination between the trained Gynecological Onco-surgeon, Medical Oncologists, Radiotherapists for optimal care during surgery and subsequent care and follow up.
• Counselling of couple keen for conception.
• Workup of the couple.
• Diagnostic hystero-laparoscopy.
• Ovulation induction.
• Intrauterine insemination (IUI).
Family Planning Services:
• Intrauterine contraception in the following ways – Barrier, Hormonal contraceptives (oral and injectable), Intrauterine device ( Cu-T).
• Permanent sterilization in the form of Post-partum sterilization and laparoscopic tubal occlusion (LTO) and Male sterilization.
Counseling and screening for all post-menopausal conditions
• Hormone Replacement Therapy.
• Breast Clinic
We offer the following screening procedures for the early detection of various gynecological cancers.
• PAP Smear
• Liquid Based Cytology (LBC)
From hormonal ups and downs to childbirth and menopause, women’s bodies go through a lot over the years. Today’s fast-paced lifestyles make it difficult to lead healthy lives that include regular exercise and eating a balanced diet. It is highly recommended that women undertake an annual health checkup to help detect potential health problems early. Some of the routine medical tests especially for women include:
• Pelvic examination – This is recommended for women over 30 years of age or who are sexually active. Your gynecologist conducts a routine examination and also a pap smear test that helps detect cervical cancer.
• Breast checkup – This is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in India despite being easily identifiable. Regular mammograms as informed by your doctor and monthly self-checks help diagnose breast cancer early when maximum recovery is possible. Examine your breasts for pain, tenderness, lump, thickening, or any discharge. Talk to your doctor if you spot anything unusual.
• Bone density test – Osteoporosis is a degenerative bone disease in which essential minerals such as calcium are lost, leaving the bones fragile and brittle. This test helps find out your bone strength.
• Thyroid test – A imbalance in thyroid levels can create havoc in your life and may cause weight loss, weight gain, hair loss, mood swings, or fatigue. Get your thyroid levels checked.
• Diabetes screening – Diabetes has a tremendous impact on a woman’s health and has severe long-term complications especially if you are pregnant. Be regular with your blood sugar checkups.
• Vitamin D test – A majority of Indian women are deficient in this key nutrient that can adversely affect your bone health. Speak to your doctor about your vitamin D levels and take a supplement if required.
• Cardiac health – Did you know? The symptoms of heart disease also differ from men to women. Get your cardiac check-up done if you have a family history of hypertension, heart disease or if you’re overweight, or if you are a smoker.
Balancing the demands of a job, family, and can be exhausting for women. Every woman must prioritize her health as she progresses through life’s milestones. Here are some daily health tips to incorporate into your life:
- Don’t skip meals
- Make time for exercise
- Eat a healthy diet
- Get enough sleep
- Be regular with health checkups
- Stay hydrated
- Meditate daily
- Keep stress away
- Quit smoking
- Stay away from alcohol